hayter 56 pro

miker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need a roller mower if so id go for a lawnflite pro.

Ditto

You can check out both specs here. If you came into our shop or rang us we would say Lawnflite Pro every time. Stronger, less down time, much much less plastic.

If you need one we keep both in stock and can be with you the following day.

Hayter Harrier 56 (566) 22" cut self propelled Pro roller rotary mower | F R Jones and Son

Lawnflite Pro 21" cut 553HRS-PRO self propelled roller rotary mower | F R Jones and Son

What he said.

The hayter you mention is too wide; unless on perfect flat surface the extra width will cause mmore scalping; this is why even bowling greens and esp cricket clubs won't go wider than a 21".

The lawnflite pro is also labelled Asuka, Danarm, Kaaz and Sarp; all the same except for the name and they are all a Kaaz machine - the old Honda deck which Kaaz bought the rights to yonks ago when Honda ditched it. The 19"ers have the very sweet kawasaki and the 21"ers the Honda GXV.

Had mine from new 3 years ago - faultless.

We've got some Harrier 48 Pros, now about 3 years old and running well although only used on fine turf areas, so they haven't had a hard life (Etesias for all the heavy cutting)

These Lawnflites look interesting, although they also look heavy. Had some Honda Pro roller mowers before and had a few expensive repairs and because of their weight manual handling was an issue.

Raywood - I'm guessing CJ's for the Hayters and Cathcarts for the Hondas?

Hey Gareth, Hayters were ordered from Denis Wilsons up at Glenavy as ended up getting a better deal. I wouldn't be CJ biggest fan.

Honda came from Cathcarts in Lisburn - along with every bit of Stihl equipment going. Have alot of time for Cathcarts - customer service is 100%

hondas just get on with it ,no fuss ,starts easily does what it says on the tin,not the cheapest but is reliable cheapest mechanic you will ever get is a can of oil change that everything else will take care of itself

Changed the oil seals on the drive of my HRX 537 last week......Easy enough but bloody hell is there a lot of stuff to take off to get to them!

• 2 months later...
Having owned four Hayter Harrier 48 pros over six years, and subsquently seen the build quality fall with the newer models, I wouldn't recommend a Hayter mower for contract / maintenance work. It's guaranted to break one day after the six months warrenty, be a bugger to fix and cost you an arm and a leg.

Go for a Honda.

Hayter makes a finer cut in my opinon but totaly agree with above we are always having to fix it. I also have a shaft driven honda which in 3 seasons has only had oil,plugs ect. I love my honda hrh but is a bit slower than others but is bomb proof..