Ride on mowers

skyhuck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 2 acres of lawn. I use a toro 225 diesel thing. Overkill but cuts grass in 20 minutes. Has mulch deck cant see any grass left its so easy u dont mind using it twice a week in may. I had same machine before until it fell to bits. New 24k second hand £1500. I drive them every year and dont put a spanner to them no washing greased once a year driven into floor then sold for 2k. Out front with hydrostatic good for getting in corners.

I have 2 acres of lawn. I use a toro 225 diesel thing. Overkill but cuts grass in 20 minutes. Has mulch deck cant see any grass left its so easy u dont mind using it twice a week in may. I had same machine before until it fell to bits. New 24k second hand £1500. I drive them every year and dont put a spanner to them no washing greased once a year driven into floor then sold for 2k. Out front with hydrostatic good for getting in corners.

perfect out front is the way husquvarna do a out front model to..in fact ive just had a contractoe repace his with a stiga (i think because of the articulation)

perfect out front is the way husquvarna do a out front model to..in fact ive just had a contractoe repace his with a stiga (i think because of the articulation)

I think you will find the husqvana riders [ riders are there out front model name] are all articulated we had a rider 21 for two seasons put 400 hours on it . In my opinion stiga are ok for home owners who are not going to put that many hours on them . As for mulching its ok if the grass is short and dry but if its wet your wasting your time it looks awfull and you are left with big lumps of grass that dont brake down. I guess its horses for courses and you get what you pay for. :001_smile:

I think you will find the husqvana riders [ riders are there out front model name] are all articulated we had a rider 21 for two seasons put 400 hours on it . In my opinion stiga are ok for home owners who are not going to put that many hours on them . As for mulching its ok if the grass is short and dry but if its wet your wasting your time it looks awfull and you are left with big lumps of grass that dont brake down. I guess its horses for courses and you get what you pay for. :001_smile:

have u used a stiga from the 2011 range? if so how long for?

The mulcher on the toro is excellent but if you take 3" of growth when its pouring with rain it will leave some behind. Every other year I give it a spike or have scarified it in october years ago. Mulchers are not perfect but I would always have one as I am so incredibly lazy and uninterested when it comes to cutting the grass. When I first moved in i had a westwood took 2.5 hrs twice a week in may.

thanks for info on husky...also a lot depends driver