Ride on mowers

skyhuck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought you had a little man that cuts your grass Mr Huck.

Yes I have had gardeners for the last 8 years and they have done a great job at a good price, but I have some new guard dogs (as my old one died)

I don't want these dogs getting used to strange men coming into the garden once a fortnight, as my old one became a very poor guard because of this.

TCD maybe i know Huck, maybe i have seen his lawn, maybe i have actually sat on it and walked over it, maybe i have an idea of what he is looking for and have a rough idea what he wants to spend, maybe i took all the information that i had and put it all together and came up with the suggestions above for those very reasons. This isnt a thread started by the head greenkeeper at Glen Eagles the week before a world open. :001_rolleyes:

Thatch doesnt come from cut grass it comes from dead grass falling over, if it did come from cut grass why do greenkeepers box off in the summer months? :confused1:

Mulchers have their place, and Huck i think that place is in your garden. I also know you have 4 kids that run all over your garden and this is the best thing for keeping away moss as much as possible. So the high height of cut from a mulching head will be cancelled out.

Give your lawn a good rake with a couple of bulldogs rakes a couple of times a year and it will be tip top. Maybe even a wee drop weed and feed, but dont spoil it, keep it tough:thumbup1:

Yes I have had gardeners for the last 8 years and they have done a great job at a good price, but I have some new guard dogs (as my old one died)

I don't want these dogs getting used to strange men coming into the garden once a fortnight, as my old one became a very poor guard because of this.

Know what you mean i have customers who have guard dogs that lick me to death.

I maintain the grounds for our landlord and a major part of that is cutting the grass. I use his westwood sit on that has a grass collector. During the cutting season I get one lap of the paddock done before I have to empty it. My next door neighbor has a mulcher and I get very jealous of him every time he's out cutting.

But I cant complain to much has we get to live rent free in there house while they live in France.

Ive an old countax that I use for my hilly patch. It does ok, but next one will be better on slopes (side slopes especially), out front deck (for round the fruit trees etc) and a mulcher. The kids and dogs can live with the clippings for a while. I'm sick of filling 4 wheely bins with clippings every week in the summer. 9/10 times I can cut but not pick up as I cut, cos its too damp, so it doubles the job time, picking it up after a couple days drying.

Sounds like you need a hydraulic cutter deck for the mog crane, just park up next the garden and stroll 'n' mow with the remote:lol: