Price This

wattie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a crane yes, without no, to cut up all that timber into liftable pieces would take a couple of hours at least, then you have to manhandle it all into your truck, unless you have an 18 tonner there's more than one trip.

yes it's more than one trip, it would make a difference how far away the tip site was, i generally work quite close to home

well down in my neck of the woods, I would quote 2 days for a 3 man team (I rekon we'd do it in 1.5 days) Down to a stick in one day (assuming there's some rigging to do on the house side) then crane in two or three the next day (hired in) and professional clean up (never under estimate the time to do cleaning up on a large take down). Cost for 3 men, truck, good chipper and all the gear, working 9am to 4.30pm: £950 + VAT.

£400 - 600 - I'd be working for nothing and in fact probably wouldn't even cover my overheads.

However, it is possible depending on how much rigging is needed that this tree could be done in a day but I would want more time for safety and climber fatigue reasons.

You invest in a crane it speeds up most jobs somehow.

If jobs speed up you charge the “same amount” as without the crane BUT you do it faster, ergo you earn more per hour.

You obviously fail to grasp this concept as you say this time is money :001_tongue:

You Sir are talking nonsense.

its a simple concept, in treework you can earn more money by taking longer to do the job.

If you tell the customer it's going to take two days due to your professional approach ie taking your time due to safety issues etc thats why you charge more than the other guy whose charging less and is going to bish bash bosh it like some kind of numbskull, probably break something in the process.

We can all do that job in a day with 3 men easy, but by doing the work with two men and spinning it out to 2 days you can earn 30% more.

I know its hard for people to change their pace especially if they're used to working at breakneck speed like demented ants, but you'd be amazed how easy it is to look busy when the customer is milling about watching you, ie rake some wood shavings or sharpen a saw etc.

You Sir are talking nonsense.

its a simple concept, in treework you can earn more money by taking longer to do the job.

If you tell the customer it's going to take two days due to your professional approach .......................................................................................................I know its hard for people to change their pace especially if they're used to working at breakneck speed like demented ants, but you'd be amazed how easy it is to look busy when the customer is milling about watching you, ie rake some wood shavings or sharpen a saw etc.

:lol::001_rolleyes: