V.T.A symptoms "the chatty trees"

the annual foray is a guaranteed certainty EVERY year no ifs buts whens or maybes:thumbup1:

When is it then? :001_tt2:

I'd like to do Windsor again when it's the right time, I'm sure it will be booming again considering the good haul we got even in November. Could get a group together there. Aswell as all the local places you showed me in feb, but in more detail. Looks like I could spend a few weekends darn sarf to get me fix!

• 1 month later...

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are these trees saying?

first beech with a buckle that is probably gano induced. whats the long split in the trunk?

as for the oak thats likely a life belt formation and an old one now being outgrown and probably fistulina will break from it sometime in the next decade, not a long wait Fella!:thumbup:

Prunus passardii with phellinus tuberculosus FB s in the bowl of the crown .Tree should have been rejected at nursery stage because of poor form IMO but TO wants the tree to remain .I did see anouther thread that said the tree is likely to shed a branch or two or maybe endup like a pole ? .Just wondered what you thought about the bodylanguage of this one .

DSCF3110.jpg.3c6e580a8e3af8948ecf1fb0658553a6.jpg

DSCF3109.jpg.c79a061df859c1a968125d4e66699890.jpg

DSCF3108.jpg.cfae256737a5ca12949be3524016ea7b.jpg

DSCF3106.jpg.d298a52bf66b79b8824855d7e18502d8.jpg

DSCF3107.jpg.060af6dc4e99d5e49bac98c49c3a53e3.jpg

Prunus passardii with phellinus tuberculosus FB s in the bowl of the crown .Tree should have been rejected at nursery stage because of poor form IMO but TO wants the tree to remain .I did see anouther thread that said the tree is likely to shed a branch or two or maybe endup like a pole ? .Just wondered what you thought about the bodylanguage of this one .

the limbs are all included, maybe from a grafting or topping point.

P tuberculosus is a Biotrophic parasite and will see the end of this tree 10 years absolute max IMO

the limbs are all included, maybe from a grafting or topping point.

P tuberculosus is a Biotrophic parasite and will see the end of this tree 10 years absolute max IMO

My idea for the tree TO was to fell and replant when he came to look at the trees in the garden he was about 15 meteres from the tree ??????:confused1: but never looked at it close up :sneaky2:

is it definitely Phelinus Andrew? it looks in good shape foliage wise?

yeah definitely phelinus it was on the failed central leader or limb in the center of the tree i picked them off to have look their wasn't many but with the poor crown i see it being a concern for the future .

yeah definitely phelinus it was on the failed central leader or limb in the center of the tree i picked them off to have look their wasn't many but with the poor crown i see it being a concern for the future .

Its not going to recover thats a certainty! Maybe you should point the TO in the direction of some information regarding the Phellinus pomaceus=tuberculosis!:001_rolleyes: