Bargain Defender tipper

Billy

Totally agree, but someone will think its worth it, buy it, and love it for many more years yet to come.

I think landys are about the only 4x4 that can be seen to be within a hairs width of the end of its life but someone will pay a lot of money for it and keep throwing more at it to keep it on the road!

a couple of years ago we had a 2ft syccie ring 'get away from us' down a steep hill, it picked up speed heading toward the main road.. faster and faster missing all the trees then shot through the privet hedge and CRASH.. into the passenger door of my old 110hicap. the week after my bro reversed through a drystone wall learning clutch control. you couldn't tell which dint was recent or came with the motor when i got it haha

Its abrgain 'cos its alndy and people cna and do pay crazy money for them. Anything else and it'd be half that price. These 200 engines can't be that great if they need rebuilding at only around 200k surely ? I've run sprinters with 100k more than that and they still pulled hard on the original engine.

While i like the idea of a hi-cap tipper, i don't like the way the tub sits a couple of inches higher than it should.. the hi-cap isn't a model i am familiar with... could the sides of the tub be bonded to a better tipper body to retain the correct lines and appearance?

Its abrgain 'cos its alndy and people cna and do pay crazy money for them. Anything else and it'd be half that price. These 200 engines can't be that great if they need rebuilding at only around 200k surely ? I've run sprinters with 100k more than that and they still pulled hard on the original engine.

by rebuilding it is expected to pop a few bits in, shells etc, at approx 250k and it will happily do another 250k before needing them again. i have only ever heard of one 200tdi throwing a con rod and thats sat in my dads workshop as a showpiece because its so rare an occurance:thumbup: