Taking bets on getting my back door kicked in

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, we all know your game rasta!:lol:

Its a fun old game! Although from everyone's knowledge here it seems a common interest.

Dean, you need to lower your lights, close enough to give them maximum light, but far enough away not to burn them + a little growing room. stick it on a chain, and you can use a karabiner to shorten it by missing out links :thumbup1:

The main reason hydroponics exists is because the specific plants they grow are of high value, and can pay off the leccy and water bills! Stolen electrics the main reason the rozzers would stop by. I'd use the yews for a test run...

That really is not the main reason for hydroponics.

Hydroponics were not designed with illegal activities in mind at all, but as a way of producing far higher yield in a small space, with total control and the ability to replicate and control nature as a response to food needs.

Growing in ANY medium is technically hydroponics, its just that most people think of it as the NFT or flood and drain techniques etc that are abundant. The weed growing fraternity are a miniscule part of the whole hydroponic movement. The advantages of automated nutrient and watering systems, with absoloute control of pH and CF compared to growing in soil are enourmous. With the advent of growing mediums such as coir (coconut strand) are now being recognised (due to their neutrality) but are still very expensive, especially on a commercial scale. As far as illegal growing is concerned, the best dutch weed is still grown in soil based systems.

I know its wiki- but here's a link:Hydroponics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:001_smile:

And heres some strawberries, demonstrating the way in which huge output from minimum space can be achieved: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://easyhydroponicsgardening.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/hydroponics-gardening3.jpg&imgrefurl=http://easyhydroponicsgardening.com/&usg=__gbmi-IpZWT_WxKfeQ6HjnkoPu4I=&h=300&w=590&sz=102&hl=en&start=31&zoom=1&tbnid=2CKua23NsvaocM:&tbnh=88&tbnw=173&ei=L3dhTfHrLpLx4QbFwrmtCg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhydroponic%2Bfood%2Bgrowing%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D745%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C342&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=489&vpy=443&dur=228&hovh=94&hovw=185&tx=122&ty=28&oei=GHdhTeGNB8L7lwfQ6KjrCw&page=2&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:31&biw=1440&bih=745

Edited by tommer9

BTW dean....250 is nowhere NEAR enough light for that area- you will end up with either etiolated of very deficient plants. In an area 2mx2m you need AT LEAST a 400w lamp, and after one long season the lumen output will have dropped so far that you need a new one. Ideally run a 600w over that lot.....Plus you will need a LOAD of insulation in there during the winter months or your efforts will be a bit of a waste, merely keping the plants alive. As a rule of thumb, you should put your hand at the level of the top of the plant, and be able to feel the warmth from the lamp a bit.

Dean I know you want to crack on an all but why not just grow them using mother nature and take a bit more time... If you have to I'd have them in a small polytunnel and use a growlight to supplement normal light. But I think you'll end up spending a lot of time and effort for little reward.

Unless you're enjoying yourself then in which case turn the central heating down and the lights up!!

:001_tt2:

That really is not the main reason for hydroponics.

Hydroponics were not designed with illegal activities in mind at all, but as a way of producing far higher yield in a small space, with total control and the ability to replicate and control nature as a response to food needs.

Growing in ANY medium is technically hydroponics, its just that most people think of it as the NFT or flood and drain techniques etc that are abundant. The weed growing fraternity are a miniscule part of the whole hydroponic movement. The advantages of automated nutrient and watering systems, with absoloute control of pH and CF compared to growing in soil are enourmous. With the advent of growing mediums such as coir (coconut strand) are now being recognised (due to their neutrality) but are still very expensive, especially on a commercial scale. As far as illegal growing is concerned, the best dutch weed is still grown in soil based systems.

[/url]

Yeah I agree, I'm only trying to say its not really cost effective for other plants, which is why its lead to it being used for illegal purposes.

Personally I think it's a nice fun little project.