insurance help please guys...

button1803

Hi guys,

Just abit of help if you could.

Im employed full time and thinking of going self employed for weekend work, am getting asked to do odd jobs here and their and want to keep it all legal and above board, and who knows, if it all takes off start up myself, but insurance wise, just for weekend work, with me and my mate, who is a qualified climber etc, which insurance would be best? Public liability & accident cover??

want cover that will cover me for EVERY possible situation and to do it by the book. Not interested in short cuts. not worth it.

Thanks for your help!

Trust are good PL and EL should cover you if your employing your mate and hes not insured. Just one thing is mention it to your boss being self employed on weekends as i've seen these situations go sour through the boss thinking that they were stealing work off him. In fact two companies in north norfolk.

Hello button1803,

Just wanted to say that I work for a business insurance broker and thought I would give you some background information around the ins and out's of business cover. Regardless of whether you are only doing 1 or 2 jobs a week or if you are working 5 days a week self employed the insurance will be the same.

Your main focus, as you've mentioned, is going to be public liability. This basically kicks in if you cause any damage to your clients property or even to your client directly! Depending on the services you offer it is important to have working at heights included in your cover. You can also get tools cover which can protect your tools even if you drop them. Another key cover you will need if anybody is working for you either as a sub-contractor or full time is employers liability. If they get injured whilst working for you - legally they could sue you for any loss of earnings and medical bills - even if they have only worked for you 1 hour a week.

If you have any queries or questions around business insurance feel free to contact me via Online customer support

Kind Regards

Tim

Trust for EL and PL.... and defo have a word with your boss. Always best to have everything out in the open for your sake as it may lead to ill feeling as previously mentioned!

Thats putting it mildly!!!

Instant dismissal time me thinks!