Any Skaters on here?

Hodge

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep thinking of getting a new work shop and filling the current one with a real mellow mini ramp bath spine with a few high bits , wish I was ten years younger!! Used to get on train every weekend or beg for lifts to spots and parks....now only probably go out twice a year on a board, skate down the local park get glared for being to old then slam a few times then realise it hurts more than I remember !!

We built a wooden half pipe back in the late eighties early nineties, it had a tombstone and concrete coping, I was shite but the other guys were really good on their Madrid/Sims decks etc, my friends brother was an old school skater even then, having started in the seventies he made it into RAD magazine a few times, I hear he's still skating the Rare Units in Bath and Trowbridge and he must be aged around 45/46 by now.

Edit. Just found this, he is still skating, placed 15th hybred slalom.

http://www.oldskaters.com/forum/index.php/topic,2074.0.html

Edited by High Scale

hodge, that ditch is the barrow one yeh? it's been seshed since the 80's i think, and is good to skate, but a bit manky (inch layer of human s***/mud in parts)

in this video matey ollie into it (0.15)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhs6gKKXVAI]YouTube - Rogie Magic Sticky Hand[/ame]

I skated for 9 years but stopped when I was 22. Started snowboarding about 14 years ago and occasionally think about getting a skateboard again.

Used to build miniramps with a lot of mates and used to ride around the north east quire a bit. Had some wicked sessions at Washington nr Newcastle and in Darlington.

One of my old mates has owned and run this place for years.

|| MISCHIEF SKATE STORE ||

RIP Bingo... you'll be riding the Halp pipe in the sky!

Steve Binks | Facebook

condolances to this guys friends ,he sure had a lot! not many people in life who touch and help people like this guy seemed too ,so can feel for your loss rich, some thing i miss about not skating and never found close in life since, but only the other day i was thinking before i even read this thread i miss meeting up for sessions on secret spots the whole vibe of what was going on esecially in the so called skating dark ages....and the people that kept it together and made it fun!

A couple of recent vids from the UK skate scene. A sendoff / tribute to Steven Bingo Binks...

some good skaters and nice pieces to commemorate the big man.

Enjoy the life... Roll in Piece Bing.

Steve “Bingo” Binks Five Bridges Send Off – footage online now!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrhTR2Fr6Mg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Skate in memory of Bingo.‬‏[/ame]