Power issue with 56 plate L200

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we use a l200 for work if the fuel level drops to low the filter sucks in to much muck ,this is common if you use supermarket fuel instead of decent quality stuff,last time it did it to me was fast lane on a11,just overtaken an artic it died wiv car up me butt,went from 70 to limp mode in 5yards it does this about every 10,000 miles

Was only kidding mate, i know those l200's aint very gutsy though. I just seem to end up comparing any 4x4 to a landrover. lol I know of a defender with the puma engine to pull over 3.5ton at 100mph :thumbup: Glad i wasnt in said vehcle at the time though

Glad my children werent in a car coming the other way. Towing3.5 tonne at 70 is pushing your luck if you loose a tyre. 100mph is suisidal the tyres are not rated at that speed and when one lets go it will be carnage. The insurance companies are trying to price young drivers off the road looking at this thread not before time.

Glad my children werent in a car coming the other way. Towing3.5 tonne at 70 is pushing your luck if you loose a tyre. 100mph is suisidal the tyres are not rated at that speed and when one lets go it will be carnage. The insurance companies are trying to price young drivers off the road looking at this thread not before time.

He isnt a young driver, hes 40+ years old.

Agreed it was a little silly, but it was funny none the less.

Exhaust gas recirculation sends some of the exhaust gas back into the inlet manifold. Improves slightly the emissions. Clogs your engine up and gives less mpg. Sits on exhaust manifold and pipes connect to inlet manifold. Often you can buy blanking plugs on ebay to get rid of it. Thats the short version :thumbup1:

• 4 months later...

Van died proper style today. Got 100 yards up the road from where we park the vans each night and it died completely. It would turn over but wouldnt fire. When i got it running after 30 minutes of trying the engine management light was on amber so i got hold of the boss and asked him to book the truck into the garage ASAP. The truck is now in the main dealer as it looks like the ECU has gone pop. I got it down to the dealer in limp home mode (1,500 RPM) and got a courtesy car for the trip back. Fingers crossed it shall be ready by Wednesday next week.

Thats where i was gonna be going funnily enough. just to do some Rights of Way work on the top of the hill they use as a range. Obviousily didnt make it.

Had an l200 warrior, it had similar issues with egr, they become porus and let exhaust gases back into the water circulation, which causes loss of power usually leading to whole load of issues with over heating etc, complicated engine set up really for bit of power u get, trade in and get a hilux better mpg reliable and slightly more power.