Power issue with 56 plate L200

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L200 now sorted. EGR valve removed, new better wastegate (sounds a bit like an EVO8) , and the ECU has been reset. Goes very well and will quite happily pull 2 ton of logs at 45. Brakes were re-adjusted as well.

Is that all? Still sounds like its underpowered to me? lol

Is that all? Still sounds like its underpowered to me? lol

We would do the legal 50 but when we go between 45-50 the trailer (especially when loaded) goes on the wobbly. Tyres are all at correct pressure but no idea why it goes all wobbly on us. So we stick to 45 with the double axle trailer on. We can do 50 happily with the chipper on the back and will happily cruise at 70(ish) on the dual cariageways.

We would do the legal 50 but when we go between 45-50 the trailer (especially when loaded) goes on the wobbly. Tyres are all at correct pressure but no idea why it goes all wobbly on us. So we stick to 45 with the double axle trailer on. We can do 50 happily with the chipper on the back and will happily cruise at 70(ish) on the dual cariageways.

Was only kidding mate, i know those l200's aint very gutsy though. I just seem to end up comparing any 4x4 to a landrover. lol I know of a defender with the puma engine to pull over 3.5ton at 100mph :thumbup: Glad i wasnt in said vehcle at the time though

Was only kidding mate, i know those l200's aint very gutsy though. I just seem to end up comparing any 4x4 to a landrover. lol I know of a defender with the puma engine to pull over 3.5ton at 100mph :thumbup: Glad i wasnt in said vehcle at the time though

Thatsa had the ecu tweeked then as there factory limited to 88 mph iirc :)

I have been in a Defender 90 at 120 mph lol (not a council truck tho). It has a TDV8 with a supercharger on it. I was cacking myself as its been speced up to dakar standards. 120 mph down a gravel track made my ass go tighter than a goldfishes mouth lol. But the newer L200's in comparison to the new defenders have much more low end power. In the L200 you can tickle along in low range first gear. In the defenders you have to apply a bit of throttle to get it going and keep it going.

I have been in a Defender 90 at 120 mph lol (not a council truck tho). It has a TDV8 with a supercharger on it. I was cacking myself as its been speced up to dakar standards. 120 mph down a gravel track made my ass go tighter than a goldfishes mouth lol. But the newer L200's in comparison to the new defenders have much more low end power. In the L200 you can tickle along in low range first gear. In the defenders you have to apply a bit of throttle to get it going and keep it going.

Now that woulndt be a 90 from Bell Auto services???

i do like the idea of a V8 diesel defender :)

Now that woulndt be a 90 from Bell Auto services???

i do like the idea of a V8 diesel defender :)

Not sure. I think it was a DIY job as the owner was a mechanic. Was really good fun as well as the exhaust was two straight through pipes off the manifold. It was very loud and was a tad smoky when accelerating and going up hills.