Hitchclimber knot problem

nednedned1

Hi all,

just bought myself a yale imori 12mm and thought i'd try out both 8mm and 10mm ocean polyester cords to see how they both work with it.

i climb with a hitchclimber and a distal on top, but FOOLISHLY forgot that i bought my last friction cord from the last trade show in chicester and the nice lad at treeworker cut me off an extra foot above 2 metres.

so the issue is i thought i could make a distal out of 1 metre and inevitably its turned out about 10cm too short.

obviously it wouldnt be the end of the world to chuck out the two cords, but it got me thinking it wouldn't be a terrible idea to find a knot that would work well on top a hitchclimber that you can tie out of 1 metre to save hassle in future

any knot pros with any ideas?

I think 1m is too short for anything. I buy in multiples of 1.5m but usually tie them with long tails on the fishermans so I am using the equivelant of about 1.3-1.4m 1m is too short, fishermans use up a surprising amount of length!!

I'm not saying there is no knot, but if you can't tie a distel then I would think there is nothing else that uses less.

yeah i think the schwabisch and distal take up roughly the same amount, quite annoying to have 2 nice fresh pieces i cant use but hey, live and learn.

burrell i dont suppose you mean youve tried the ocean poly on the imori then? or either way is it the 8mm armor prus you prefer as well? ive got a couple lengths of some kevlar thing i use now but its always good to have some backup

iv tryed Ocean Polyester ,Yale Bee-Line, BEAL Regate , Lyros Herkules

the bee line works good but for the knot i use it bits really hard if i sit on it for more the 20secs just makes it a sod when u want to take slack out of the rope

Ocean Polyester i could not get on with it

hope that helps u a bit more

cheers martin