OZ Next Year!!!

western

Hiya mate, thank's for the lenthy reply, you have put a lot of things in to prospective. are there different types of work visas? how did you manage to find work once you was there? i was thinking of chilling for a month or two before working? what was the working enviroment like? are the ozzy's good bloke's to work for? thanks for helping me :thumbup:

Hello mate,

No worries on the advice, helps me to remember the good times!:thumbup1:

Yes lots of different visas tbh, if you are under 30/31 cant remember, you can get a WHM visa (working holiday visa) lasts for a year, but limits employment in one place i think. Then there's the sponsership route, check arbjobs.com for that, some Ozzie jobs with sponser option on there.

Easier to find work when you are there, and you can go and see the firm/boss/yard and get a better feel for the company rather than risking a job offer on a long distance phone call, just get the yellow pages and ring around/doorknock, its easy, and bosses seem to like half decent british climbers as the quality of work is ..usually good!

IMO ozzies are good guys to work with/for, up for a laugh, lots of banter and my boss was really good to the boys, fair pay and a couple of trips away to a little fishing town for beer, surf and jet skis (256 bhp supercharged!!:thumbup1:)

just remember, like the UK, firms are good and bad, and the work (state by state dependant) is often very large removals and then heavy lopping! as the Eucs grow very quickly due to ideal conditions. My big tree experience went skyhigh when i got there, awesome climbs!! but you do get sensitive reductions in victoria/south oz as climate is a little cooler.

Do your homework, visit the Oz embassy/website, usual stuff on there, and then you can claim all your taxback when and if you come home!

Hit me back or PM with anymore questions.

Cheers

Beezy