OZ Next Year!!!

western

Hello everyone, as the title says me and the mrs are going next year, it has always been a life-time ambition to visit OZ.

At the moment i'am working in vienna, it's a wicked place, good work etc but the problem is me and my mrs cannot speak german and our future prospect's are very limited because of this.

Anyway, for all the people who have made the trip to OZ, what things did you have to take into account? sorry if these seem a bit personal.

:- How much savings did you have to go?

:-What kit will i need?

:- Can i beleave the hipe about loads of work?

:- What are the posibilties of getting sponserd?

:-Cost of living (heard that is very expencive there)

:-where can i stay once i get there?

Thank's for reading, any help will most appreciated.

Kind regard's western

Hello everyone, as the title says me and the mrs are going next year, it has always been a life-time ambition to visit OZ.

At the moment i'am working in vienna, it's a wicked place, good work etc but the problem is me and my mrs cannot speak german and our future prospect's are very limited because of this.

Anyway, for all the people who have made the trip to OZ, what things did you have to take into account? sorry if these seem a bit personal.

Kind regard's western

my ambition to so id benifit from this thread too

There There martyn not all is lost:lol::lol:

only a joke mate :lol

in life you gotta do wot you gotta do :thumbup:

perhaps we can do a bit of work,before you go!

things are picking up,just done 2 weeks with torfaen tree team,bit of clearance and deadwooding

going to price a job down caerphilly on tues,2 eucalyptus to be reduced and a birch removal...

see you soon...

martyn

Kind regard's western

Hi Mate,

I did a 16 month stint in Western Oz, amazing place, and a little more chilled than the East Coast, but still heaps of tree work, of all types with good firms to cowboy outfits which I guess is the same the world over.

In short answers to your questions....

- Savings totally depend on how quick you are to start working, or do you want to chill out/explore/travel before getting tied into work, and how plush you want to do it, Hostels - Hotel?

- Kit (climbing) is expensive, so I would recommend taking your own, or shipping it out to arrive before or after.

- There is a lot opf work about as said good firms to bad, do your homework, and doorknocking when there, a good qualified climber is worth a bit in Ozzy, and you can earn decent money and progress, (visa dependant)

- Leads on to sponsership, possible, thats how i got to stay in WA, but is a red tape mission!! took 4 months for me, luckily the firm i worked for let me work cash in hand whilst the visa was approved.

- Cost of living on a par with UK tbh, used to be really cheap esp if travelling on the strond pound, now thats shot, its much of a muchness tbh. and what you want too spend your hard earned on?!

- Hostels are cheap and plentiful and a there is a mind of info on hand (hardened backpackers) that will tell you whats good and whats not, search for wheels, loads of cheap deals from travellers returning home and need to sell up evrything they have collected during their year, some serious bargains to be had!

Mate, you will love it, I have ben there 3 times now, 1 time travelling two times working, and have travelled around the entire country, so feel free to ask any qustions!

Are you entering on WHM visas? if so a tip, arb/forestry work can qualify as agriculture work like fruit picking and i think... if you spend 3 months or more on yourvisa doing this you can then qualify for a second year extension...check that though!!

Good luck mate, and enjoy the ride!!:thumbup:

Beezy

Hi Mate,

I did a 16 month stint in Western Oz, amazing place, and a little more chilled than the East Coast, but still heaps of tree work, of all types with good firms to cowboy outfits which I guess is the same the world over.

In short answers to your questions....

- Savings totally depend on how quick you are to start working, or do you want to chill out/explore/travel before getting tied into work, and how plush you want to do it, Hostels - Hotel?

- Kit (climbing) is expensive, so I would recommend taking your own, or shipping it out to arrive before or after.

- There is a lot opf work about as said good firms to bad, do your homework, and doorknocking when there, a good qualified climber is worth a bit in Ozzy, and you can earn decent money and progress, (visa dependant)

- Leads on to sponsership, possible, thats how i got to stay in WA, but is a red tape mission!! took 4 months for me, luckily the firm i worked for let me work cash in hand whilst the visa was approved.

- Cost of living on a par with UK tbh, used to be really cheap esp if travelling on the strond pound, now thats shot, its much of a muchness tbh. and what you want too spend your hard earned on?!

- Hostels are cheap and plentiful and a there is a mind of info on hand (hardened backpackers) that will tell you whats good and whats not, search for wheels, loads of cheap deals from travellers returning home and need to sell up evrything they have collected during their year, some serious bargains to be had!

Mate, you will love it, I have ben there 3 times now, 1 time travelling two times working, and have travelled around the entire country, so feel free to ask any qustions!

Are you entering on WHM visas? if so a tip, arb/forestry work can qualify as agriculture work like fruit picking and i think... if you spend 3 months or more on yourvisa doing this you can then qualify for a second year extension...check that though!!

Good luck mate, and enjoy the ride!!:thumbup:

Beezy

Hiya mate, thank's for the lenthy reply, you have put a lot of things in to prospective. are there different types of work visas? how did you manage to find work once you was there? i was thinking of chilling for a month or two before working? what was the working enviroment like? are the ozzy's good bloke's to work for? thanks for helping me :thumbup: