New Zealand working holiday..

ARB-MAN

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no easy road into it.

Falling for a Hauler is primo work as you don't do any limbing.Downside is the steep Terrain.

Most Fallers start out on the skids and then move into Falling for ground based (Skidder/Dozer) extraction.Alot of the flat stuff is done with Harvesters now,but they don't get all the Stubs so a Skiddy or two is still needed.

What ever way its turned,you still need General Requirements and a First Aid ticket to work in the Bush.

Limbing with a 660 for all day sounds like fun :-) Certainly wouldnt need to go to the gym haha.. not that you need to if you work hard enough in the arb world..

I'm just going to see what i find when i'm out there, buying a van/camper as soon as i get there and going to travel around to see what work i can find.

Also my bikes for sale on here guys.. check it out if theres any bikers among you!!!!

You quite right! :) Are they helpful with overseas applying for positions? I mean Are they likely to give you the position without you being there?

Thanks for comment anyway!

Really you have to be there to get the job.

Because you are A:On the other side of the World

B:Unproven

C:Available only after a long delay

Get yourself a working holiday Visa.Get over to NZ,Get on the phone and give it a go.Most employers will give you a Trial day/week and hire you if they like what they see.

Not absolutely neccessary to be here to get the job. I applied while I was in North Wales and the company here offered me the option of help with residency straight away. Stupidly I didn't take it but they helped me out no end with a 3 year work visa and having the security of a job when I arrived was great. If you don't have a job to come to make sure you have plenty of cash because you'll probably end up in a big city looking for work and that can get expensive. Try your luck; I employed a lot of guys at Treescape, unseen and untested and nearly all of them worked out great. The outfits here know that in general, if the guy is coming from the UK and has references he'll probably be OK and worth the risk. Some will even contribute towards accommodation etc but I don't want to get your hopes up too much.

Thanks for your help guys!! I will try to apply and we'll see if anything comes up... If not I am pretty sure I can find something over there! I am not very fussy anyway.

Thanks again!

Hope everyone is all right after whats happened in Christchurch yesterday...

Very sad, I wish I was there to help the people...

If you're going to apply from the UK better off sorting out the time difference and ringing up. A lot of applicants just send an application letter or email but to be perfectly honest most of these are ignored. Ring and ask to speak to the area manager or who ever is in charge. More chance of getting a reply that way.