Log theft caught red handed

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cannot believe what some of you are writing on a public forum....:scared1::shot:

Well Ad15 ! If they read this as a members of the public then the penny might drop and they might decide to pay for things instead of stealing them. The problem with criminals is that the punishment doesnt match the crime, If I have to spend years swinging from my hips taking my chances fighting gravity, and pitting my wits against all that Mother nature can throw at me to purchase and maintain machines to earn money and put food on the table, only to have them stolen, then an electric fence or fishing hook is a small price for them to pay for the misery and frustration that they force upon others. ( Brandy induced rant over :001_rolleyes:) What was the question ?:confused1:

I've been looking into more security equipment like this Home CCTV security system 2 SonyCCD dome camera DIY KIT on eBay (end time 19-Feb-11 17:07:02 GMT) which seems pretty good value.

There's also stuff you can get that takes a pic when it detects movement and sends it to your phone.

I'll be getting some kit soon and will feed back.

Problem I have is no electric

I plan on putting up a dome camera on a 12m pole with a 2km range wireless link to the existing dome camera system I have in at home, but it will have to run on a leisure battery with solar charger.

The whole setup should run at under £600. Then I will have an ifra red beam running across the yard that will be the trigger for the alarm to text my phone, quick check on the camera and I can then call the police or tell them to get out of the yard from a wireless tannoy system I can speak from at home.

I even think there is a GSM style text alarm where you can listen in to conversations in the yard over your phone and speak back through a tannoy, which will scare the living daylights out of them

12 months and I should have the system up an running and will report back

Well Ad15 ! If they read this as a members of the public then the penny might drop and they might decide to pay for things instead of stealing them. The problem with criminals is that the punishment doesnt match the crime, If I have to spend years swinging from my hips taking my chances fighting gravity, and pitting my wits against all that Mother nature can throw at me to purchase and maintain machines to earn money and put food on the table, only to have them stolen, then an electric fence or fishing hook is a small price for them to pay for the misery and frustration that they force upon others. ( Brandy induced rant over :001_rolleyes:) What was the question ?:confused1:

jammydodger..i'm not saying it shouldn't be done,, in fact i totally agree with what is generally being said,,

BUT,,

do you remember a few years back to motorbike riders that filmed a ride with tank mounted cameras doing 150mph approx on the A14 (i think)... they then posted the vids on youtube,,, i seem to remember they got 2 years for that....

the point i was trying to make (ever so subtly) was that anything written on here can is there.. on paper (so to speak) for all to see and KEEP... you never know when it may come back and bite you on the backside..:001_smile: