New 'ARB Approved Contractor' link goes live.

AA Teccie (Paul)

Apologies for the delay but hopefully it's worth the wait..!

Please see:

Become an ARB Approved Contractor for the overview and electronic copy of the information and application pack

Become an ARB Approved Contractor for the standards (1. 'upto 5 people', and 2. 'more than people')

Help becoming an ARB Approved Contractor for help on the H&S stuff (aimed principally at 'small' contractors to help them comply)

An introduction to regulations affecting arboricultural contractors for a broader overview of key H&S regulations and their requirements

I sincerely hope this information is useful to you and it becomes a valued H&S resource for those contracting in the arb industry such that they will consider 'ARB Approval' status as the way forward for their businesses.

As always ALL comments greatly valued ('for' or 'against'!)

Cheers..

Paul

PS REMEMBER 'ARB Approval' can be yours, as a small contractor ('upto 5 people'...inc. the employer), for less than £500 per year.

Edited by AA Teccie (Paul)

I'm doing it in the next 6 months. I'm already a CHAS accredited contractor, and was assessed last year as part of the Devon tree framework contract, if we were an ArbAC we would not have needed to be assessed.

Iv nothing to loose apart from a bit of cash!!!!:thumbup:

Fantastic. Going to be worth the wait i am sure. Thanks for all the hard work.

Frank, thanks for the 'thanks' and I hope we can do so (thank you) personally very soon.

I believe this now presents a real opportunity for all tree care contractors, regardless of business size, to get accredited and gain the recognition they duly deserve.

Cheers..

Paul

You seem very keen on this mate are you going to do it?

I think it would be good but if im honest im too lazy to get organised to be assessed :001_rolleyes::biggrin:

Robert, consider the benefits it may bring to your business as an 'ARB Approved Contractor', including reduced insurance premiums (reported in many instances), and perhaps it'll make it worth the effort.

As a small business, assuming you to be such, the amount of organisation required shouldn't be overburdening.

Go on...give it a go, call me if you wanna chat further.

Cheers for the post..!

Paul

I'm doing it in the next 6 months. I'm already a CHAS accredited contractor, and was assessed last year as part of the Devon tree framework contract, if we were an ArbAC we would not have needed to be assessed.

Iv nothing to loose apart from a bit of cash!!!!:thumbup:

Excellent news 'Johnty', look forward to receiving the app.

Increasingly, albeit a little bit begrudgingly (because H&S compliance has always been integral to ACs...but the operational outcome is of more interest), the "deemed to satisfy" arrangement we have with CHAS, thereby allowing us to dual award, has opened dialogue with H&S and procurement people.

Finally, if again you fall into the 'small business' category, the amount of cash you stand to lose is less than £500 per year (averaged over the 4 year cycle)...hopefully representing good value for money and 'on the nail' for the value many small contractors said they would put on AA accreditation.

Many thanks..

Paul

Robert, consider the benefits it may bring to your business as an 'ARB Approved Contractor', including reduced insurance premiums (reported in many instances), and perhaps it'll make it worth the effort.

As a small business, assuming you to be such, the amount of organisation required shouldn't be overburdening.

Go on...give it a go, call me if you wanna chat further.

Cheers for the post..!

Paul

Hi Paul

i personally think that being Arb Approved is a real bench mark for contractors BUT when i ask my customers who the AA is not a single one knew, i do 99.9% domestic tree work and 80% of that is referals or repeat so i have a good customer base therefore i dont think it would be of any real benefit in terms of £ value to me.

i am happy and content at the level i am and work very little for a good wage so i almost see it as too much hassle :biggrin:

Dont take this post a cynical view at the AAAC scheme or yourself, i think you are doing a sterling job by promoting this, but until the day comes where i am the odd contractor out by not being an AAAC i cant see me getting accessed.

but keep up the great work paul

Robert

Hi Paul

i personally think that being Arb Approved is a real bench mark for contractors BUT when i ask my customers who the AA is not a single one knew, i do 99.9% domestic tree work and 80% of that is referals or repeat so i have a good customer base therefore i dont think it would be of any real benefit in terms of £ value to me.

i am happy and content at the level i am and work very little for a good wage so i almost see it as too much hassle :biggrin:

Dont take this post a cynical view at the AAAC scheme or yourself, i think you are doing a sterling job by promoting this, but until the day comes where i am the odd contractor out by not being an AAAC i cant see me getting accessed.

but keep up the great work paul

Robert

Robert, THANK YOU!

I wholly acknowledge the value of the accreditation in the domestic sector is very limited and word of mouth is everything (well done YOU for that.)

However my hope, in the fullness of time, is that the ARB Approved Contractor 'badge' becomes synonymous with tree surgery in the same way the CORGI (GAS SAFE) 'badge' is for plumbing/gas installations and therefore has increased value in the domestic sector.

Thanks for replying and I hope perhaps some of the H&S information / templates etc. on the website to be of use.

Take care out there!

Cheers..

Paul