L200 Warrior: Good Commercial vehicle or not???

monkeypuzzle22

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here has an L200 (Warrior etc...) and if so how you feel they perform, on and off road, there reliability, cost to run and so on!!

I need a vehicle for throwing kit in the back, running the dog about and really for general everyday arb use. I don't need to chip into it or use it on an everyday basis for towing...just as a decent work vehicle??

Please feel free to tell me how you rate them, it would be a massive help!!!!

Thanks all,

Callum :thumbup:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Callum.

I've currently got a L200 Diamond on a 57 plate from brand new, a good all round vehicle, I use my off road quite a bit for work and shooting etc, the 4X4 range can be selected while on the move upto 60mph, which is handy as you dont need to stop and select etc etc.

Reliabilty wise, very good, never had a problem with starting, engine problems etc, the only problems that i've had are general re-calls.

Running costs, Expensive in my opinion, though the service schedule has been extended to 12500 miles, if your considering a brand new one, take the 3 year service deal that they offer.

1st service cost was £250 ish

2nd service £550

3rd service £250. They were at the main dealers though.

Tyres, your looking at around £500 for a full set of decent tyres, i paid £520 for 4 dunlops.

MPG i'm getting around 20 - 25 nipping here and there, motorway sat at 75ish around 37 - 40.

Like i said, a good all round truck...hope this helps.

hi callum.. i had a L200 warrior brand new in 2006 when the new shape first came out.. nice lookin truck with all the bars etc.. drove nice being an auto and good off road... absaloutly gutless for towin [even after i had it chipped] and i drove a manual at the time which was no diff... i did 100,000 miles in 2 yrs and to be honest it wouldn't a lasted much longer.. engine seemed tired [had every service done at main agent].. gone back to land rover now, very basic after a pick up but new engine they put in pulls like a train.. i'd go for an isuzu 3L rodeo rather than L200..

Hi Callum, I run a L200 warrior 52 plate, I persoanlly reckon it to be great work truck, tough , reliable , good off road and looks good!!- Little bit thirsty but you don't buy a 4x4 for economy!! - watch out for worn & wobbly crankshaft pulleys and regular cambelt changes.(every 50k) - Great truck though.

..i think the old shape are better than new.. seem more reliable.. i had 3 older shape ones.. onlp problem i had was gear box going at 60k for no reason.. my mates got a mint 05 plate warrior.. never towed a thing [no towbar] and only 30k on clock.. uses as a car.. he was talkin of sellin for around 5 grand.. lotta truck for money...

As the saying goes, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'....For me they are an awful looking thing- a true hairdressers motor. If you want a mega trendy car that can sort of cope off road then its probably perfect. It projects totally the image i dont want to though.

You did ask for comments.

..i think the old shape are better than new.. seem more reliable.. i had 3 older shape ones.. onlp problem i had was gear box going at 60k for no reason.. my mates got a mint 05 plate warrior.. never towed a thing [no towbar] and only 30k on clock.. uses as a car.. he was talkin of sellin for around 5 grand.. lotta truck for money...

Hi Nick,

Where are you based mate? Get your buddy to stick it up here on the classifieds.

I'd be interested to see it, after a L200 myself.

Cheers