titan pro 30t log splitter

BARNSLEY BOB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check their web site ian

they should be CE marked and yes i agree if they are not compliant then they should not sell them. Money talks though

to be honest it is the first one hand machine i have seen but have always been told about the 2 hand rule by the suppliers.

imo i would not use it and definatly would not allow staff to use it

i have 4 splitters of varying power and all have 2 handles to operate

Dean it is also ilegle to change a safety feature on a machine away from its specified purpose or to remove guards... come on you should now that one

There's only me uses it.

But the way I look at it is that I would rather carefully hold the log with one hand than try to hold it in place with my knee or hip to stop it constantly falling over.

Chris:

It took some figuring out and wasn't easy, now I just stick in a peg for one hand and if ever someone else uses it I just pull out the peg.

if its home made and for your own sole use i dont know where h&s stand on that snd to be honest i aint gona police it.

one thing i do know is you get what you pay for.

anything used to break down wood in our industry has to be strong and well made cos it does undertake alot of pressure and stress.

on a personal note i prefer the log table and controlls to be at waist height. used a vertical at ground level for some time and ended up with back probs.

check their web site ian

they should be CE marked and yes i agree if they are not compliant then they should not sell them. Money talks though

to be honest it is the first one hand machine i have seen but have always been told about the 2 hand rule by the suppliers.

imo i would not use it and definatly would not allow staff to use it

i have 4 splitters of varying power and all have 2 handles to operate

HA! I used a foot pedal splitter for YEARS from about 10 years old onwards without incident.

You should try the american versions with auto-cycle - even better!

I am yet to find ANY documented rules from HSE regarding two handed use of splitters. I spent an hour on the phone with them, met them down at Stoneliegh, and nobody could give me any documented details on it.

There's only me uses it.

But the way I look at it is that I would rather carefully hold the log with one hand than try to hold it in place with my knee or hip to stop it constantly falling over.

sorry dean appreciate what you are saying and also aware of home made equipment out there.

that titan dont look CE marked to me and if it was i'd be suprised.

have you seen the THOR log splitters?

they have a foot pedal which will bring the blade down to hold the log and you then split through by using the 2 handles.

i bought one 8yrs ago. i like them but sadly not fast enough for me now.

HA! I used a foot pedal splitter for YEARS from about 10 years old onwards without incident.

You should try the american versions with auto-cycle - even better!

I am yet to find ANY documented rules from HSE regarding two handed use of splitters. I spent an hour on the phone with them, met them down at Stoneliegh, and nobody could give me any documented details on it.

whats the auto-cycle? intrested in that

never actually looked for hse docs on it but just for my own info i might contact my suppliers for any info.

will let you know what i find but again i aint enforcing it. except in my company.