titan pro 30t log splitter

BARNSLEY BOB

stack mine 3 high in a grid all on pallets to allow the air flow essential for drying.

if stacked outside then covered with polysheet to protect from sun and rain but still allow cetain amount of airflow through.

just persist in asking for a sample if you want one, they do get quite busy

dean....how are yours being pinched, are they not kept in your yard?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are in my yard in an open fronted barn.

I don't live in site and there's a right of way for a scout camp through my wood, so it's difficult to make it secure.

I blocked off the entrance to the yard with logs once, so they just jumped over the barbed wire fence with nylon shopping bags and filled them.

The effort involved in getting a few logs can't be worth it. But quite a few people doing it has a big impact on me.

I've put signs up now saying anyone caught will be prosecuted and siince they went up three weeks ago no more have gone "touch wood"

I'm actually in the process of doing a land swap with the Scout Camp, for land adjacent to the wood but with no rights of way, it's about 1.5 acres as opposed to the 3.5 acres of my wood, but it can be made secure all round and it's flat.

I was going to put up farm gates but don't want to put in a load of security to then hand the property over to them and have to start again

I know it's dragging up a topic from last week but the company I now work for has a vertical splitter where one of the controls is set up in such a way so that you can grip the billet with a spike on the control and then pull the other control with your other hand - so simple once you see it - just so surprised none of the other manufacturers have done it. Its not a plug but if anyone wanted to know which make then I'll post it up.

• 1 month later...

I got a Titan 26 ton splitter, there ok for the price typical chinese stuff really, thin paint and copy engines but its powerful works spot on and good money and towable. the 1 hand thing is great, so fast compared to the 2 handed machines but you have to be on the ball, bit of common and your ok.