close board fencing

DN22 Gardening

we put concrete posts in @1.8m centers, if its 1.8m heigh it should have 3 rails @ 3x2 which will give good support .The rails are 3.6m long and you have small amount of waist but for cutting short end panels to meet corners, set up a spacing device and fire on the boards

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use 4"x 4" posts 2.4m apart (4.8 rails) 6"x1" gravel board if they want it and D rail as a capping, a mate of mine made up a jig for spacing the boards, its basicly a length of angle iron with a handle on with a hole drilled top and bottom,and 13mm nuts welded over the holes and then two bits of thread bar screwed into the nuts, will try and post a pic.

do loads of feather edge fencing use 4.2 d rails put the round edge of the rails to the side that shows they cost me £4.50 each and are 4 x 11/2 use the 5 inch wide feather edge board 78p 1.8 mt use thornton fencing huddersfield ps always set your top rail to top of boards and fix weatherd capping looks great and use galv nails

cheers guys

the fence is only a temporary one for a new ASDA thats being built so it'll be coming down in 12 months time

thinking of hiring a wheeled auger as its all hardcore digging :lol:

ive ordered the gear from travis perkins

£7 per 4x4 post

78p per f/edge board

and £1.05 per mtr for the 3x2

not bad really

bang on with the price miker.

used a wheeled hydraulic auger from Brandon tool hire.

She struggled with the harder made up ground, but flew through the holes on the decent stuff.

Recomend it to anyone.

Jobs being held up by ground workers now. they've fitted a fibreglass pumping chamber 1200mm higher than the turfed area its sat in the middle of :lol:

Can't fit the fence till the chambers lowered, can't turf till the fence is in, stood down.

Cursing now, as i was going to include 'standing time' in my original quote but forgot.

DOH !!!!!!

I'll put pics up when she's done