Your throw weight? or Access system?

Is Toxic Lead throw wts a health concern?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is Toxic Lead throw wts a health concern?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

error 404 document not found.

tbh lead is not a problem while it is sealed up in a nice little bag. plus it is a highly stable element that is not going to leach out of the throwbag if it got wet for example. what is the problem? fishermen never have issues with poisoning fish with their lead weights...:001_smile:

edit: sorry the link works if you delete where it says thumbdown afterwards.. duuuhhh

http://www.scitopics.com/Lead_toxicity_and_chelation_treatment.html

Handling a Lead throw bag is bad for you. Use of a Balloons to contain will rupture and Lead is pulverized to dust and when wet oozes from the bag or permeates through the material into the air, onto your hands or lungs.

Leads ok as long as you don't want to eat it with steak! Tastes horrible.

http://www.scitopics.com/Lead_toxicity_and_chelation_treatment.html

Handling a Lead throw bag is bad for you. Use of a Balloons to contain will rupture and Lead is pulverized to dust and when wet oozes from the bag or permeates through the material into the air, onto your hands or lungs.

Yes and because it is no inert, all you have to do is wash your hands before you eat..:sneaky2:

I think it is only likely to become a problem unless you handle bare lead 24/7, day in day out. Do you propose air rifle pellets are made out of steel instead? oh and shot for shotguns.

Unless you actively ingest lead it is unlikely to cause an issue.

Lead Poisoning

Headache, poor attention span, irritability, loss of memory and dullness are the early symptoms of the effects of lead exposure on the CNS. The ability to think and reason is extremely sensitive to lead assault.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am not the scientist but every industry world wide bans it.

Yes and because it is no inert, all you have to do is wash your hands before you eat..:sneaky2:

I think it is only likely to become a problem unless you handle bare lead 24/7, day in day out. Do you propose air rifle pellets are made out of steel instead? oh and shot for shotguns.

Unless you actively ingest lead it is unlikely to cause an issue.

Lead Poisoning

Headache, poor attention span, irritability, loss of memory and dullness are the early symptoms of the effects of lead exposure on the CNS. The ability to think and reason is extremely sensitive to lead assault.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am not the scientist but every industry world wide bans it.

LOL mate nobody is shooting the messenger! I know very well the effects of lead poisoning. The point is how much lead do you need to ingest to suffer the effects of lead poisoning?

My thoughts would be a lot. As Arbs we are unlikely to be taking in huge amounts of lead. Even with a throwbag used everyday. I would be more concerned about climbing plane trees in summer everyday without a face mask..

Lead Poisoning

I get these from reading posts by people slagging off other peoples products in an effort to push their own :sneaky2:

I get these from reading posts by people slagging off other peoples products in an effort to push their own :sneaky2:

HA! Well to be fair they could quite easily use another weighting material if it was proven to be a problem.

If you want to send me a free TreePaedo I would happily give you a non bias comparison of the two! :sneaky2:

Lead toxicity and chelation treatment

Really is it as dangerous as crossing the road and getting hit by a car? I imagine statisticly there about the same. Low quantaies it will be fine if your bag ruptures you can normally see the dust wet or dry. So bag it, cut the line and dispose of it. I don't think anyone has invented a better product yet there was a metal a treepedo thing but i think thats much more dangerous than a 12oz throw bag.

Edited by Ian Flatters

Really is it as dangerous as crossing the road and getting hit by a car? I imagine statisticly there about the same. Low quantaies it will be fine if your bag ruptures you can normally see the dust wet or dry. So bag it, cut the line and dispose of it. I don't think anyone has invented a better product yet there was a metal thing but i think thats much more dangerous than a 12oz throw bag.

The guy who started this thread came up with the metal thing and is trying to push it :001_rolleyes: