Your throw weight? or Access system?

Is Toxic Lead throw wts a health concern?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is Toxic Lead throw wts a health concern?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 - 16 0z bags for us

16 0z bags are great for big oaks where the rough bark adds a lot of friction to the line.

Harison rockets, weaver copies and pvc cresto ones.

We had a couple of 160z bags that would ooze lead powder when wet. This left a nasty residue around your lips when you untied the zingit with your teeth.

I think the internal rubber bags had split afted being repeatidly slammed into branches with the bigshot.

My most hated feature on a throw bag is when the ring has a round profile. A nice flat edge on the ring as on a harisson rocket allows you to girth hitch the line to the ring which is currently my prefered way of attatchment. If you try this with a ring that is round in profile the girth hitch doesnt bite on.

We have always had 60m thin zingit throwlines which I like. We tried some liros stuff that we bought at the arb show which is very nice to handle and knots and undoes nicer than zingit. It is very stretchy which is great for getting it to run but not so great for tickling it back through frith after over shooting. The liros anoyingly came in a 50m length which has been to short on a number of occasions and has after 7 months become britle. It makes a hell of a bang when it snaps.

We dispose of our throw bags by loosing them.

I would consider trying a treepeado if it was about £25 but I am not convinced it would be better than a good throw bag. Much of the issues the treepeado is trying to address can be solved with good throwline tecnique. Girth hitching the line to the ring means if you get the bag stuck you can pull hard on the line until the girth hitch undoes.

the pvc ones split in cold weather when they take a good impact (like a failed throw, pulled back out, landing on a paved surface), then lead shot spills everywhere, using pvc tape makes it last a few shots longer but will also split in the cold, the best you can hope for is some pigeon eats it as grit and gets lead poisoning and is unable to reproduce.

In gardens in this country we just dont have the room to go chucking a huge billet of ally into the air without causing damage either to ourselves or property. I think quite a few people might have told you this when you had a stand at the arb fair a couple of years back including me.

I am not aware of this huge billet of ally. Wow sounds really dangerous. Can you share more information about this billet.

Who are these people throwing into the air.

Arborsits throw weights into the tree. Right?

They shouldn't be throwing if they plan on hitting themselves and property.:lol:

What are you throwing? Whats your system?

How do you feel about Lead?

In gardens in this country we just dont have the room to go chucking a huge billet of ally into the air without causing damage either to ourselves or property. I think quite a few people might have told you this when you had a stand at the arb fair a couple of years back including me.