Running

Mark Bolam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This worked for me - I had a scare from the doc about cholesterol levels despite running about 35 miles a week and not being overweight. So I read a bit and realised that the saturated fat content of food is pretty bad and hence the bad results. So I cut down on sats to 5g per day instead of the recommended 20g. I have lost over a stone and a half (that's equivalent in weight to over 25 tins of chopped tomatoes) in 3 months. I still eat what I want but in moderation and have found alternatives to the foods I loved most. I talked a (rotund) mate into it and he has lost 4lb in a week and he is a couch spud and would not dream of putting a pair of trainers on!! So reduce your 'sat fat' and add a little training on top and you'll be as fit as a butchers dog! :thumbup1:

Are they the ones you put in an old fashioned gas mask Steve?:001_tongue:

Well cheap on the Cyclone Lorry. Must be chinky copy gear. Do your farts smell a bit sweet and sour?:001_tt2:

Haha no mate but they are Peking flavor!

What's the crack with the charcoal tablets steve is that an April fool haha?

Yo lorry I don't suffer with gas to be honest god knows how,even spanking down three weight gain shakes a day my tummy still downt emit gas,only time it did was when I decided to up my leafy greens intake,that was like dropping a gas bomb where Ever I let rip haha

The most recommended anti- flatulent remedy, however, is charcoal tablets. When consumed orally, charcoal tablets are able to absorb gaseous substances in the intestines that cause bloating and abdominal discomfort, thereby relieving flatulence. Charcoal tablets provide a two-fold capacity: to prevent toxin absorption and to enhance toxin elimination.

Charcoal is available in the form of "loose tablets", meaning that they disintegrate rapidly into micronised fine particles of charcoal in the intestines, providing a large surface area coverage and high absorptive capacity. The charcoal particles will seek to bind toxic substances in the intestines to prevent them from entering blood circulation. These bound substances will be directed to re-enter the intestinal tract through the processes of diffusion and active secretion in bile. They will then be driven out of the body or excreted along with the stools.

Charcoal tablets are also safe for consumption as they are a physiological product (not absorbed into the body) and they present no side-effects. They also do more than eliminate toxin. Charcoal is found to reduce pain and inflammation, the common characteristics of flatulence, diarrhoea and even food poisoning.