Running

Mark Bolam

• 2 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The calorie intake will shed the fat ,Too much will also strip the beef,Ice packs good for shin splint. You could have your running style (Gait) checked ,To ensure you are not doing damage,I have a collapsed disc and now cycle.As mentioned reduce weight ,up reps,reduce rest :thumbup1:,good luck.

Keep the weights in there and keep protein and healthy fats up and you shouldn't lose the muscle

I like hill sprints with weight plates in back pack or make sled up tie it to your harness and do weighted sled pulls.build strength stamina and cardio at same time.Seen too many injuries from normal flat high mileage running.Circuit training is great to shift things up a bit as mentioned.

Anything that keeps heart rate up for sustained period of time will build cardio endurance.

Me and Owa youngen have just started the gym again after 8 month with our lasses having the bairns an all, goons get a little wait back on before doing any circuit training but the thing is with starting the protein shakes again my farts are so bad I reckon there will be no one left at the gym haha you know anyway of sortin the farts out yeti or is that part and parcel of the shakes?

Spaking as a marathoner from a few years ago I need to also remove the spare tube around the waist for personal and professional reasons. In 3 months and the hiring of a trainer for a once a week lashing at the Y I lost 32 lbs and met my goal in time for my largest show to demonstrate my product. The results were great and I still have a few more pounds to shed. By the way I also gave up any items containing High Fructose syrup, white items excluding cauliflower, soda, candy, and only drank fresh juices, H2O, and skim milk. 1 protein between breakfast/lunch and lunch and dinner. Fresh fruit for desert. Work outs consisted if upper and lower body on various machines low weight and moderat reps. Biking and running on non gym days. Was at 232 lbs @ 6'3'' presently 198 lbs with about 15 to 18 lbs left to go. Never going back to sporting those spare tires again.

Me and Owa youngen have just started the gym again after 8 month with our lasses having the bairns an all, goons get a little wait back on before doing any circuit training but the thing is with starting the protein shakes again my farts are so bad I reckon there will be no one left at the gym haha you know anyway of sortin the farts out yeti or is that part and parcel of the shakes?

LOL! Farts are err, exaggerated for lack of a better word, by some compounds in some shakes that have a lot of lactose and other unnecessary stuff in. Try myprotein.co.uk stuff, it's cheap and not full of fluff.

Don't mix shakes and sugar! Devastating for all around you !

Good luck.

Oh boy, funny cos ive been noticing a distinct lack of definition in the old six pack lately, my own I mean, 39 this year june, i said it would never happen to me!

Ive been thinking about a bike as an option, reckon if I do the 36 mile round trip to work each day it should regain the balance.

they say life begins at 40, but it looks downhill to me!