saying good bye to a tree

Jerseygirl

To care is a good thing.

If we do not care we (or our children) will have no future to care about.

There is more to life than creating a tree stump. This unfortunately now seems to be the public perception of a Tree Surgeon, roll on Arboriculture and public education.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To care is a good thing.

If we do not care we (or our children) will have no future to care about.

There is more to life than creating a tree stump. This unfortunately now seems to be the public perception of a Tree Surgeon, roll on Arboriculture and public education.

That quote in your signature is pretty good.

Squish, was that you hitting me in the emoticon?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just spent an afternoon removing some major ivy from a LA Oak. I've walked past this tree every day for 6 months and I decided enough is enough!

Only took a couple of hours with a silky. I previously cut the bases a couple of weeks ago.

my wife thinks i'm mad as it doesn't belong to me or even a paying customer. As far as I'm concerned its everybodys tree!

Just spent an afternoon removing some major ivy from a LA Oak. I've walked past this tree every day for 6 months and I decided enough is enough!

Only took a couple of hours with a silky. I previously cut the bases a couple of weeks ago.

my wife thinks i'm mad as it doesn't belong to me or even a paying customer. As far as I'm concerned its everybodys tree!

All power to you chap. Excellent attitude.

a forester once said to me david before you fell a tree give it a moment to thank it for its life 2 0r 3 hundred years is a long life. and one tree supplys oxygen for 18 people for one year fact theres a tree in my garden haha.:001_cool:

Talking to trees? Yep, guilty. Generally i ask the tree to be nice to me and not break at my anchor point. I apologies for any discomfort. A superstition born out of fear i think. I don't do it to all trees, just the old dodgy ones.