saying good bye to a tree

Jerseygirl

The beauty of these debates about various facts and differing viewpoints etc is that they send off all over the place - and we do learn from them.

In our desire to prove our own viewpoint to others,we can also disprove it to ourselves. Which is, I think, very healthy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the sort of thing that has to be used to get the message across as to the benefits of plants then I can only surmise that the general public is just too stupid to understand anything not presented in picture book simplicity.

That is very sad.

i totally agree, but unfourtunatly it seems 90% of the genral public require our services for the benifit of themselves, not the trees were working on, yes is it a stupid point to argue that one tree is sustaining 18 peoples oxygen for a year, but unfortunatly iv been backed into a corner before trying to stop a customer removing half the crown of a perfectly healthy tree. sad that the world wide view seems to look at every thing either as people or property. but thats a totally diffrent matter. all im saying is it may not be 100% accurate the claim that mature beech trees produce that much oxygen a year, but i would use a dirty tactic like mentioning that if i thought it would help. wouldnt you?

The beauty of these debates about various facts and differing viewpoints etc is that they send off all over the place - and we do learn from them.

In our desire to prove our own viewpoint to others,we can also disprove it to ourselves. Which is, I think, very healthy

Yep. been there done that. As you know Dagmar from our previous encounters. Agree totally about it being healthy. Takes a man (no offense) to learn from the opposing viewpoint.

Me, I'm still talking to trees. Don't even piss up the ones I'm about to climb. And for a pragmatic and logical soul like myself, thats virtually witchcraft.

• 8 months later...
I don't want to get all technical, but the majority of the world's oxygen production comes from plants, alage, and plankton growing in the ocean.

Bloody spoilt it now- I will have to go back n apologise to thousands of people..............

K