ULW's of 3.5ton trucks?

18 stoner

Just wondering if anyone can help me out. Im trying to find out comparative weights between the different chassis variations of LDV and Trannys and cant seem to find anything.

Im specifically after differences between single and crew cabs of each, based on them being tippers or chassis cabs.

The years Im looking at are the most recent rear wheel drive LDVs and the square headlamp trannies around '03 reg (125ps)

Cheers in advance if anyone can help:thumbup1:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link is not working either, but the thread does exist, called LDV weights and measures, in the large equipment section, but you will have to go a long way back to find it.

Anyway, what you want probably isn;t there, but it seems I did a screen capture when it was available on line so here it is

597659132da39_ldvweights.jpg.be0b519ec58ddca924e3410704520d45.jpg

That looks brill Rupe. Thats the thing I was looking for.

I'll PM you my e-mail for the e-copy if thats not too much trouble.

Could also do with a similar chart for the Tranny if anyone happens to have one:blushing:

Thanks again for your trouble Rupe, somehow I had a feeling you may have some bits for the old sherpa:thumbup:

Not sure if it's relevant to your situation, but my 1990 Mercedes 308D (MWB) tipper weighs 2140kg when fully fuelled without any cargo or drivers/passengers. Removing the sides and back does reduce the weight by 140kg though!

Cheers for that.

The reason Im asking is, I intend building another chip truck in a few months and sell the LDV.

I origionally built this one to see if the idea of a tipper truck suited my situation. It has done very well and now i intend spending a bit more money and build one with the issues i have discovered from this one, ironed out in the new version.

Hence, I want to start from the beginning by getting the lightest truck possible to build from. Obviously, a single cab would be lighter but i need to figure out the bits i would build on a single cab and if it would be better to just shelve out a crew cab.

Ive been very happy with the LDV but would like more power, so have been looking at transits too. Would like something nearer 125hp.

Cheers, Pete.

Cheers for that.

The reason Im asking is, I intend building another chip truck in a few months and sell the LDV.

I origionally built this one to see if the idea of a tipper truck suited my situation. It has done very well and now i intend spending a bit more money and build one with the issues i have discovered from this one, ironed out in the new version.

Hence, I want to start from the beginning by getting the lightest truck possible to build from. Obviously, a single cab would be lighter but i need to figure out the bits i would build on a single cab and if it would be better to just shelve out a crew cab.

Ive been very happy with the LDV but would like more power, so have been looking at transits too. Would like something nearer 125hp.

Cheers, Pete.

i heard on the grape vine them iveco dailys are very light ,should make you a nice power full truck ,not bad on duce either:thumbup: