Show me your chip boxes.

Adam

Its an 04 plate transit. The tool box was a lot of work as i had to cut the tipping bed and make up a frame .

It takes up a lot of potential chip space but fully loaded the van is overweight .

The body is suprisingly light as two people can lift it on and off.

I wont be building another one thought as it takes to long . My iveco has just gone off to southern bodys to have the high sides etc fitted .

Tony just done a transit for me make sure you get a good deal and knock him down on the price. :001_smile:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony just done a transit for me make sure you get a good deal and knock him down on the price. :001_smile:

Cool i wouldnt think you would need a transit with that beast of a lorry you own lol .

I had already been told about knocking him down alister pre warned me .

Were you pleased with the final product ?

I've got the same truck with a ali back like yours but the sides arnt angled down to the tail gate. I've found that if I tip the body up when I start to chip it doesnt spray over the cab, and the bottom of the bed at the back nearly touches the ball hitch coupling and prevents the chipper from being removed without the body being lowered first :thumbup1:

good advice mate- don't wish to go off topic too much but I was worried that by doing that it might put too much weight on a raised tipping body-what do you think?

Cool i wouldnt think you would need a transit with that beast of a lorry you own lol .

I had already been told about knocking him down alister pre warned me .

Were you pleased with the final product ?

Yes happy with what he done I had a canter but it went pop so i replaced it with a transit. We only use the transit for grinding and the small tight streets. What have you brought graham ?

Now that looks a very nice truck, and something Im thinking of building as my next truck. I assume its a 3.5tonner?

One VERY important question to me though, what does it weigh empty?

It's a 3.5ton and I'm pretty sure it was 1.8ton when I weighed it empty-does that sound right cos my memory is a bit rusty?

It's a 3.5ton and I'm pretty sure it was 1.8ton when I weighed it empty-does that sound right cos my memory is a bit rusty?

I doubt very much that is correct.

I would have expected nearer 2.5tons or more. Could it have been 2.8tons?

Sorry for asking about it, but Im trying to get info on different truck weights so the next one I build can carry as much weight as possible.:thumbup:

I doubt very much that is correct.

I would have expected nearer 2.5tons or more. Could it have been 2.8tons?

Sorry for asking about it, but Im trying to get info on different truck weights so the next one I build can carry as much weight as possible.:thumbup:

Now that you put it like that I think it was 2.2t-I remember thinking it was quite light. I think by having the capes removed that it affected the weight quite a bit.

I know of someone who had the suspension improved so that he could take an extra ton!! Costly though-I think it was about £1k

Edited by morningwood
forgot something