Show me your chip boxes.

Adam

thats a really long ldv. again a nice looking truck though. what do you recon to them?

Its an extra long wheel base. I actually had to cut 8 inches off the chassis to fit the tipper on. The tipper came off my old long wheel base (or standard lenght) LDV.

This one was a dropside non tipper so the bed on it was huge.

I think they are great value, this one has just gone over 42,000 miles, I bought it 18omnths ago with 32,000 miles and it cost me £2600. Cant go wrong with that.

I have had 2 new starter motors since then and a new clutch, but if I had just changed the clutch in the first place then it would only have been one starter motor.

Here the rebuild thread...

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/large-equipment/8864-new-ldv-chip-truck.html

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it wasn't that bad at all to work with just went through loads of cutting discs for the angle grinder tho.

The hardest bit was cutting the capping that goes around the edges to hide all the cuts and finish it all off used a mitre block with a hacksaw. i was a bit worried about cutting something short so just kept measuring and double checking everything twice.

im looking at getting a new truck soon and will definitely do it again

thanks simon

that cabstar is the sort of thing i was thinking of. the chip box i mean. do you mind if i steal the design?

lol i got the idea from here to looking through the arbtrucks thread and someones thread building a chip box on a ranger or some 4x4 with alloy planking

thanks simon:thumbup1:

That planking is what i would have done, if it wasn't for the fact that there is a sheet steel company next to my lock up, they did all the folding/cutting and spot welding on my chip box. I thought it was worth trying something differnent, and the result are good and indeed different!!