sweet fa

vduben

Sorry but i've just done exactly that, i've quoted for a job that will take five days, i need some exra men and guy has rung me who is an experienced climber with his own groundie. they want 200 per day for both of them. No one can argue with that but i can get a couple of snon climbing colledge grads who may be a bit slower for 70 per day. the 60 per day saving over 5 days is well worth having. and so whilst id love to have top quality guys i can do all the climbing myself and save £300.

i see you point tom but you gotta see that im one of the blokes being poo'd on

never been in this position before, might lower my prices!!!!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see you point tom but you gotta see that im one of the blokes being poo'd on

never been in this position before, might lower my prices!!!!!!

What do you mean you're being pooed on? if rates are dropping and the work is scarce, its just a case of tough luck, why don't you drop your day rate?

If you dont want to drop your rates, then you may have to spread the net wider geographically.

Like a whole lot wider! But seriously, as Tom said, with the continuous flow of college students pouring into the jobs market, prices will come down, basic economics law of supply and demand I'm afraid.

Your blessed steve that you have a very good reputation ( i think!) which will do you no end of favours if work slows. Its the better than average guys who'll find that regular employers will see a cheaper climber as a more viable financial option just to save £20 or £30 or maybe a little more a day when in reality a slower climber may end up being more expensive through extended job duration, possible client property damage and in general just the slower, more basic techniques and thought processes that only experience teaches.