Can you recommend a pickup/4x4?

Kat1e

I'm looking at getting a (secondhand) vehicle for general use, low yearly mileage on roads but needs to be useful for moving stuff around a wood and also towing 2200kg. Suggestions please, what have you found is good and reliable?

Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at getting a (secondhand) vehicle for general use, low yearly mileage on roads but needs to be useful for moving stuff around a wood and also towing 2200kg. Suggestions please, what have you found is good and reliable?

Thanks.

whilst I love my ranger, (ford) as its reasonable on fuel,,if any are,,,,,sounds like you need a landy,,,,,:thumbup1:

I kinda in the same situation.

Obviously for chip trucks we got the new transits with ally hi sided bodies but i also got a ranger double cab.mainly for site work and quoting etc.

the ranger has been a great work horse and tows really well. it comfortably tows the green mechs inc 1928 both local and motorway journeys. we do put the bobcat 7 series on a plant trailer and tow that with it too but its on its limits towing wise both legally and in my opion its own capabilities.

I thinking of the tax year ending etc so looking at my options.

all i can find is older 110 van types with 600ish milage for about 9000 ish and lots of the navaras etc.

any one use the new shape range rovers- they come down alot and are in budget at about 10-12 throgh private sale.

what would every one suggest.

happy new year all.