Lack of Moral Fibre/Common Decency

Lurcherman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lack of respect for your property in leaving your car and flat keys in the village square is totally reprehensible.:thumbdown: As you say hope the culprits grow a pair and get in touch to apologise/explain their actions/ensure some sort of reparation for the inconvenience and disruption caused to you and your business.

the whole thing doesn't really surprise me.

Always cover yourself and then when you finally get a good 'un let him/her know they are appreciated- thats what good employees like. A bit of appreciation- not necessarily money- just saying thanks at the end of the day.

I agree about the - sticking to the work times regardless, even if the last hour is spent sweeping out the store/going through the tool boxes. Otherwise you end up with competitive ending early from your teams.

It would seem things don’t change

Back in the 80’s I did a stint in Germany. The company I was working for (and many others) recruited quite a few Brit climbers the majority turned out to be either yahoos out for a good time or wannabees.

A few behaved well, others were a disgrace. For my part I did a fair bit of drinking (I was young then) but I turned up where I should be at the appointed time.

Same thing when I worked in Germany and the States.

As hard as it is,I think hiring people you know or know of saves alot of Stress.

My former Employer in the States would call any references and go as far as doing a background check on any potential employees.Sadly that wasn't fail safe as one guy was a Crack Addict and ran up a $6000USD Fuel Bill by hanging out at the Petrol Pumps and offering "Discount Fuel".

Some "Climbers" seem to believe that their competence increases with every Mile they Travel on an Air Craft.The further from home they get,Magically the better they become.

How your former Employees ran out on you is disgusting.But it could have been alot worse.

Crack Addict and ran up a $6000USD Fuel Bill by hanging out at the Petrol Pumps and offering "Discount Fuel".

.QUOTE]

i have never heard anything like that in my life:thumbdown:

Some "Climbers" seem to believe that their competence increases with every Mile they Travel on an Air Craft.The further from home they get,Magically the better they become

That is priceless, so so true.:lol:

I hope your billing them for your 50% air fare, cleaning, reapirs and loss of earnings.

I just don't get people like this. I can understand feeling out of your depth, worried about what the boss might say as i'm far from a confident person, but thats abit much just leaving a voicemail!

They have just stuffed up what i'm sure could have been an amazing experience.

Some "Climbers" seem to believe that their competence increases with every Mile they Travel on an Air Craft.The further from home they get,Magically the better they become.

The sad part about that is that the travel ought to make them better climbers, in the spirit of the journeyman.