Lack of Moral Fibre/Common Decency

Lurcherman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand young lads getting cold feet, i have had it before when i left home for the first time. I stuck it for 5 weeks, hated every minute of it, i was too scared to speak to the boss. I waited till the Friday, got my wages and went home and then called him, i was just too nervous to talk to him, i was 19 at the time. BUT i never owed any money, left anyone in the lurch or damaged anything. This is obviously 1 side of a story so i will not pass comment.

Stephen, the fact you stuck at something for 5 weeks without leaving anyone in the lurch, damaging or nicking anything is evidence of moral fibre......and you DID call the boss.

I did not take the decision to start this thread lightly. However, I would like to hear from the lads, as my calls to them since their departure will atest to, and I'm hoping that here we all will hear the other side of the story.

Not sure it's quite that bad..........I can survive the antics of a couple of 'all the gear no idea' muppets. :biggrin:

Glad to hear that!!:thumbup:

But things ain't great at the moment and lads should show a little appreciation for those who give them work, IMO.

Not sure it's quite that bad..........I can survive the antics of a couple of 'all the gear no idea' muppets. :biggrin:

Doesn't really matter whether you can or not, you shouldn't have to deal with it to start off with. Unfortunately it's people like this that give the rest of us young people a bad name, and make it more difficult for us in general.

By the way do you employ just climbers or qualified groundworkers as well? I'm thinking of taking a year out in the near future and travelling and working for a year.

i really feel for you ,thats bang out of order !:thumbdown:

the annoying thing is that i always read posts like yours advertising jobs and think what a fantasatic oppertuinty for someone . Im not a massivly over confident person when it comes to working for someone new but after a few days to settle in all is good !! it certainly makes me think i should go for jobs like this more often when i here about what idiots there are out there !

NAME AND SHAME ! then hopefully no one else will employ them ! they certainly dont deserve the oppertunity to take valuable places that are difficult to get !

no sorry mate was joking......in my experance every time you try to help someone or give a little slack, they just take more. Unforuntaly kindness ist noticed these days....so now i often tell the lads "dont confuses kindness foe softness" now the guys work a strict 7.30-5.00 No favours, no help, no lifts, no borrowing kit, no advances.