Fuel Prices

Maybe check the rules and keep your head down Raker...

You are creating something that if it was to meet the correct specification would be classed as 'B40' biodiesel.

IF it meets the spec you will be entilted to pay duty at the biodiesel rate instead of the derv rate.

"You can use vegetable oil in your car and mix it with diesel (vegetable oil is generally used as a substitute for diesel) but you will have to make arrangements to pay the Excise Duty to HMRC.

Cooking oil (whether used or unused) which has not been specifically produced or processed as a road fuel, will normally be classed as a fuel substitute. The duty rate will be the same as the ordinary diesel rate."

The 2500 litres is the threshold at which you become a producer and must notify HMRC of your 'intention to produce'. They expect duty to be paid irrespective of the quantity you burn.

Be careful, the department of revenue and customs are keen to recover anything they possibly can at the moment - they're as hungry as the rest of us in these lean times.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derv - £1.49 (today)

Unleaded - £?? less than above lol

Last year diesel was way up at £1.59 - £1.6x I visit Aviemore a lot for friends and winter sports.

I fell out with the petrol station on the main street.. Profiteering basterds... left home and filled up at £1.39 and same day in Aviemore they were £1.59.

How the hell does anyone run a small business over there :S I want to move to Aviemore as well. But I lack confidence in there being any work.

Derv - £1.49 (today)

Unleaded - £?? less than above lol

Last year diesel was way up at £1.59 - £1.6x I visit Aviemore a lot for friends and winter sports.

I fell out with the petrol station on the main street.. Profiteering basterds... left home and filled up at £1.39 and same day in Aviemore they were £1.59.

How the hell does anyone run a small business over there :S I want to move to Aviemore as well. But I lack confidence in there being any work.

Need to use bunkered fuel to get a sensible price... I live just outside Aviemore - you get your pants pulled down for everything!

I would love to move there to, I don't see there being much tree work, need to be something touristy .:001_smile:

Fuel prices are ridiculous:sneaky2:

Very little tree work... Not enough to go round as it is.

Touristy stuff is the way forward - wildlife watching or Photostalking, something like that...