2010-good year or not?

alastair gillespie

January to march - OK

March to August - the worst I've had in 16 years

August to present - busy as hell, but still trying to get over the bad summer.

The problem I have is, work is peaking and troughing a lot more than it did 5 years ago. Its difficult to budget for anything and putting tax money aside has been nigh on impossible. I think I may be working in another industry or going abroad for the spring/early summer and coming back later if last year is anything to go by. Go with the flow, cross your fingers and bug out when it all goes Pete Tong...my 2011 business plan!:blushing:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breathing, sight, hearing, touch, health, the ability to get out of bed in the morning, the love of a good woman or man, what ever suits you, new adventures, remembering old adventures.:biggrin:

My moto over the years has been, if it isnt going to kill you, why worry about it. Face your problems head on, and resolve them, work around them and make sure they dont happen again, if it is with in your control that is.

Come on guys, we are rough tough tree cutters, we should be happy living in the woods under a tarp as long as we get to cut down trees each day, man up and take life by the kahoonas and go for it:thumbup:

breathing, sight, hearing, touch, health, the ability to get out of bed in the morning, the love of a good woman or man, what ever suits you, new adventures, remembering old adventures.:biggrin:

My moto over the years has been, if it isnt going to kill you, why worry about it. Face your problems head on, and resolve them, work around them and make sure they dont happen again, if it is with in your control that is.

Come on guys, we are rough tough tree cutters, we should be happy living in the woods under a tarp as long as we get to cut down trees each day, man up and take life by the kahoonas and go for it:thumbup:

thats good advice, people tend to get wraped in problems and forget the important stuff, i know ido:thumbdown: cheers for that mate:thumbup1:

Remember the first time you got your hands on a stihl catalogue dreaming about them, wanting 1, going through the pages working out the cost with bar size and vat, then the day you finally managed to buy 1(or stihl what ever your first brand new saw was), it took me over 3 years to buy my first 026. :001_smile: I didnt even have a job doing tree work, i just found an old tree at the side of a track and climbed up it and started cutting away, i knocked my first head off a dead sycamore that day and have never been so scared in my life and then the buzz when it went ok, then people stopping asking me how i did that, ooing and aaahing at my climbing kit and saw. The feeling was amazing.:thumbup:

When you have down times you need to dig deep and not focus on the negatives, we are only human BUT it is too easy to do this, if it is in your nature then fight it, write down everything in your head that is making you sad or angry, unload your mind. then get a match and burn that bit of paper and start a new list. Everything you want to do if you ever win the lottery, then look at that list and see what you could do anyway, maybe not as extravigant but still kinda like it, do someone a good turn, achieve goals. Self esteem doesnt come through praise and molly koddling, it comes with achievement, succeeding in a task, you do not have to excell in this task, but just try it and give it a bash.:thumbup1:

breathing, sight, hearing, touch, health, the ability to get out of bed in the morning, the love of a good woman or man

whats his name then stevie? spill the beans mate, you're amongst friends :001_smile:

2010 wasnt so bad for me. i did have about 3 months smack bang in the middle of the year where i hardly left the house, but either side of that was manic so i guess it probably evened itself up over the course of the whole year. right now i have worked booked till mid feb which is unusual....normally im worried about filling up january. i dont think this year is going to be overly busy though