2010-good year or not?

alastair gillespie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure how the younge lads that are thinking of starting up this year are going to fair, but I as sure as hell wouldnt want to be fronting the money for them.

I don't think anyone will..banks just won't lend to them.

I get the feeling that the new startups of the future will be rich to start with, or have access to money/kit/land at low cost. It's happening now in my sort of work. The people who undercut me are often diversifying estates or farmers, people who've retired early on a good pension and mortgages paid off and are now wanting a second career and those who've set up after an inheritance or big redundancy payout.

what happens when everyone's in there zimmer frames and can't get up a tree anymore and the great void of young'uns due to the "lack of work" there was or is?

Buy the time I need a zimmer people wont go up trees anyway. It will all be done by remote from the comfort of the living room. :lol::lol::lol:

Hi,as we are nearing the end of the year i was just wondering what peoples thoughts on 2010 were from a business point of view. For example did you find customers not wanting to spend as much or maybe theres more competition in your area (possibly untrained and uninsured) and what about fuel prices are they begining to bite? Was just wondering what the bigger picture across the country was like?:001_rolleyes:

first half of the year was slow,,, but got better half way through,, now back to slow again

Just ticking over now (could be worse)but im not alone ask anyone in business.

Privates often dont like paying much for anything except fancy cloths or cars,they dont think that anyone else deserves to make a living and there are to many people on the dole doing jobs

I pity anyone starting up now in just a tree busines ,they would be better to have more seeds in the barrow imo.

Just ticking over now (could be worse)but im not alone ask anyone in business.

Privates often dont like paying much for anything except fancy cloths or cars,they dont think that anyone else deserves to make a living and there are to many people on the dole doing jobs

I pity anyone starting up now in just a tree busines ,they would be better to have more seeds in the barrow imo.

I think you are right a new 4x4 for £60,000 no problem £300 to service the generator no chance. Happy to ring us in the middle of the night when the lights go out. :sneaky2:

seems to be a lot of blame on this thread, too much focus on why you wont succeed next year:001_rolleyes:. Being able to swing through a tree with a saw isnt the tricky part, running a business is. Focus on learning new business skills and how to make what you have work for you. :001_smile:

Me i had a great 2010 and looking forward to 2011:thumbup1: