Disco 3 whats it like in the snow

mendiplogs

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh,, i'll take that as a compliment then:thumbup1::blushing:

i love my D3,, wouldn't have anything else to be honest,, best car i've ever had,, and today it proved it's worth and kept me, my wife,, our little girl and a dat husky safe in some of the worst driving conditions i've seen in this country,,

have to add that the conditions are pretty normal for alpine winters,,, hence enjoying it so much,, :thumbup:

i beg to differ there,, and tommer will back me up,, had mine loaded to about a foot above the rails,, in sticky mud and have only got AT2's on at the moment,, got out just fine,,

and over the weekend,, a field full of coliflower that had been picked, so the tractors had been all over,, managed to get in and out plenty of times loading a big ash tree,

again,, tom knows the field,,

there is also nothing wrong with the difflocks on the D3,, you just gotta know how it all works,,,:flute:

The hed of our RoW Dept has a D3 with Goodyear Wranglers. Had a go in it the other day. Couldnt fault it. I took it down the stickiest, slippiest lane i knew of with lots of sloppy clay with claggy clay bottom and it pulled me out no problems. Didnt need to get out n put the winch on. Beautiful truck. You just need the right tyres then it become a different beast. If they are the standard road tyres from new they would be Goodyear HP. Brilliant on the road but hopeless anywhere else but good on snow.