22m alder dismantle

testcricket01

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great video!!

But I will never understand why so many people spend ages rigging off all the brash and then just crash down the timber????????

I would have just cut and chucked it all, then my groundie would have been busy shifting the brash, not holding a rope.

Yep what ever happened to good old "cut and chuck"

Those that Do -DO,

Those who can't do -TEACH,

Those who cannot Do or Teach become Health & Safety Officers...................Always been the same

Good vid but taking a tree down does not need to be such a technical job- One climbing rope , Prusik knot, Harness and a couple of chainsaws

Used to sub-contract to STS everying on peace work, best way to learn if you were too slow couldn't earn a living

Edited by taz.horses

Maybe testcricket decided to sling and lower the limbs rather than risk cut and chuck on a greasy tree?

Not everyone does tree work in the same way. Must admit though if I had rigged down the limbs then I would have probably lowered off the lumps aswell.

All done and dusted. Did you only have the one groundy and how long did the job take to completion?

Great video!!

But I will never understand why so many people spend ages rigging off all the brash and then just crash down the timber????????

I would have just cut and chucked it all, then my groundie would have been busy shifting the brash, not holding a rope.

thanks.

rigging it was simply down to being a very greasey tree wasnt 100% on holding onto alot of them and having some larger limbs to rig out so i thought as i spiked up rig them out as i went up, send down 3 branches at a time keeps him busy while im slinging up the next 3 and so on, then he had a nice pile of brash to chip while i was getting back up the tree after i had a break. had a day on it so use a day on it, no point taking risks and trying to save abit of time. just my thinking.

Maybe testcricket decided to sling and lower the limbs rather than risk cut and chuck on a greasy tree?

Not everyone does tree work in the same way. Must admit though if I had rigged down the limbs then I would have probably lowered off the lumps aswell.

All done and dusted. Did you only have the one groundy and how long did the job take to completion?

just one groundy job took up till lunch with a breakfast break inbetween.

didnt lower the lumps simply because was no need to with pull line they were always going to land where i wanted them and veg patch was done for by walking over it anyways. :thumbup1:

thanks.

rigging it was simply down to being a very greasey tree wasnt 100% on holding onto alot of them and having some larger limbs to rig out so i thought as i spiked up rig them out as i went up, send down 3 branches at a time keeps him busy while im slinging up the next 3 and so on, then he had a nice pile of brash to chip while i was getting back up the tree after i had a break. had a day on it so use a day on it, no point taking risks and trying to save abit of time. just my thinking.

Fair does mate :thumbup:

We must all work in a way that suits us best :001_smile:

You got the job done in a safe and efficient manner :thumbup1:

I'm sorry that my comment lead too some rather negative comments, that was not my intention.

Fair does mate :thumbup:

We must all work in a way that suits us best :001_smile:

You got the job done in a safe and efficient manner :thumbup1:

I'm sorry that my comment lead too some rather negative comments, that was not my intention.

its all good didnt take it negative at all interesting how different people tackle jobs different, good thing about this game everyone does it different. main reason i went at it on my own, can do things how you feel is right for each situation. :thumbup1:

Nice video, thanks for putting it up!

Its an interesting point, rigging or cut'n'chuck. I'd have just hand thrown it simply because I'd have been too slow rigging. Its good to see it can be done fast with rigging though, something to aim for!

im far from the quickest at rigging, im only 20 and have only 4 years climbing experience. :thumbup1: