Cold Advice

lifeinslowmotion

Hi guys,

need your advice on what your thoughts are on the wather at the moment.

My problem is that my boss regularly rings me up and tells me that there is no work for today (because of the weather).

im from the south midlands area and we've managed to survive the heavy snowfalls but obviously the temperature has dropped and its bitterly cold.

Are you guys stopping the climbing at the moment because of the cold?

Dont get me wrong i would love to lie in bed and keep warm but we've got to earn money. Whats the rules / law in this situation is he taking the micky!!!

Its becoming a habit.

cheers guys.

Hi guys,

need your advice on what your thoughts are on the wather at the moment.

My problem is that my boss regularly rings me up and tells me that there is no work for today (because of the weather).

im from the south midlands area and we've managed to survive the heavy snowfalls but obviously the temperature has dropped and its bitterly cold.

Are you guys stopping the climbing at the moment because of the cold?

Dont get me wrong i would love to lie in bed and keep warm but we've got to earn money. Whats the rules / law in this situation is he taking the micky!!!

Its becoming a habit.

cheers guys.

are you employed or self employed?

the climbing/cutting isn't a major problem, just the logistics of getting vehicles kit to jobsites and arisings away, i had a trailer with 2t of logs on board try to overtake the landrover lastyear on black ice.. serious underpant soup moment! sometimes its better to have a few days off and stay safe:001_smile:

Try and be sympathetic towards your boss. If one of you were to have an accident, either with a saw, when climbing, or simply driving to the site, he would have a whole world of criticism and explaining to do. HSE would be over him like a rash, the police would be trying to prosecute and worse case scenario he has to pop around to someone relatives and break the worst kind of news. This is without the expense of damaged kit, vehicles and chippers.

Its a tough one to call, he doesnt enjoy losing money, losing time etc, but he has to evaluate the risks too. We're rarely down for long due to weather, so just try to enjoy the time off.

Try and be sympathetic towards your boss. If one of you were to have an accident, either with a saw, when climbing, or simply driving to the site, he would have a whole world of criticism and explaining to do. HSE would be over him like a rash, the police would be trying to prosecute and worse case scenario he has to pop around to someone relatives and break the worst kind of news. This is without the expense of damaged kit, vehicles and chippers.

Its a tough one to call, he doesnt enjoy losing money, losing time etc, but he has to evaluate the risks too. We're rarely down for long due to weather, so just try to enjoy the time off.

I fully agree Andy, its always good to remember the tree game isn't a career its a way of life! if you want 40 hours a week, with the security of a steady wage, best get a job in an office, where its not weather dependant, sorry if this sounds blunt....