Unimog

Dean O

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have two of them at work, they do seem to break down a fair bit in my opinion air issues seem to be our main prob.

i think the key is to get a good mechanic who is familliar with them and preferably has an agricultural/ engineering backround. we have a local place and they seem to be able to mend or fabricate a lot of bits which saves loads as new merc parts cost the earth.

also going off road i have got them stuck a good few times with a full load of chips( could well be my dodgy driving!!)

one last thing agri tyres are pricey and seem to wear down pretty quick on roads.

good fun machines tho, best to work for someone who has them... all the fun without the headaches!!

good luck gettin one

carl

With regard too maintenance costs, my mog costs me around £5K on a good year and my worst year it cost me £25K.

what did you do to it to cost £25k in one year on maintenance :blink:

I know a set of 445/70R24 XM47 or AC70G can knock a big hole in £2.2k and mechanics at >£55/h can but how?

what did you do to it to cost £25k in one year on maintenance :blink:

I know a set of 445/70R24 XM47 or AC70G can knock a big hole in £2.2k and mechanics at >£55/h can but how?

Engine, gearbox and rear diff rebuild, plus 2 of the above tyres, plus one hub rebuild and general servicing and a respray.

I recommend going for the U900 and loading it with all the goodies. They are much less to maintain, and less technical, in general, but just as capable. If you take care of them they will take care of you it seems. You will need a qualified mechanic, not just anyone. I have 2 U900 now because they are simple workhorses. I can't wait until I'm all outfitted the way I envision for the future, it will be grand.

ACUF

i run a u1200 is a realy gud piece of kit with a tp 200 chipper on it. running a chipper all day with a bit of driving about at a push with 3 lads most loads we av dun in a day is about 14 and that used 60 liters of red diesel on average it wil drink 30-50 liters.free road tax and £850 for insurance but i am only 24 and thats for any driver. mite be for sale in january if ny1 is intrested. bt 1 thing with a mog dont expect jst ny1 to drive it and it will b ok i mainly drive mine nd dont av ny troubel with it. lads that rive at changing gear nd ride the clutch dont put the pto in properly thats were problems start pluse keep it wel serviced and it wont let u down

i run a u1200 is a realy gud piece of kit with a tp 200 chipper on it. running a chipper all day with a bit of driving about at a push with 3 lads most loads we av dun in a day is about 14 and that used 60 liters of red diesel on average it wil drink 30-50 liters.free road tax and £850 for insurance but i am only 24 and thats for any driver. mite be for sale in january if ny1 is intrested. bt 1 thing with a mog dont expect jst ny1 to drive it and it will b ok i mainly drive mine nd dont av ny troubel with it. lads that rive at changing gear nd ride the clutch dont put the pto in properly thats were problems start pluse keep it wel serviced and it wont let u down

any pics/price for mog & chipper ,is it a l/h drive :001_smile:

cheers johnny