Forum rules and posting guidelines

Steve Bullman

hesslemount, dont be afraid to replicate threads....for every new replicated thread there may well me other new members who never had their say the previous times.

as for the search function, are you clicking all the relevant boxes or just searching in a specific forum? its normally pretty good for pulling up information.

I admit it, I put a very stupid photo up here the other day (thread gone way off the subject as usual!) which in haste was hilarious but in hindsight inapropriate - apologies. However, it seems that many avatars seem to be children - is this appropriate given the pc world me now live in? Cameras banned from school plays and all that... Sorry state of affairs but I wouldn't want someone looking at my children on the internet.

TCD, hear what you are saying, and as a parent we have to make decisions to safe-guard our sprogs, not posting pics of them can be one of them. It is up to each and every person to make this decision, if they wish to post them thats their call, and likewise if they choose not to. Thanks for reminding people of the hazards of posting pics of the children, lets all hope these fears are unfounded.

Er? there are no risks whatsoever with posting pics of our children on the Internet. Here are mine. Yes it's a personal decision, but it should be an informed decision and not just an emotive knee jerk reaction to the alleged increase in pedophiles. Best way to stop anyone looking at your kids is to keep them in the cellar.

597653b2cc9a7_autumn-winter08077copy.jpg.599a41c49f29a1d947da705e58fd7d47.jpg

• Like 1

Er? there are no risks whatsoever with posting pics of our children on the Internet. Here are mine. Yes it's a personal decision, but it should be an informed decision and not just an emotive knee jerk reaction to the alleged increase in pedophiles. Best way to stop anyone looking at your kids is to keep them in the cellar.

Just so long as one understands their picture, the identity of their essence and being, is now infinately vulnerable. Can't protect them from a n other exploitation via cyberspace.

:confused1::wtf:

Me Too. Infinitely vulnerable? I get kids clothes catalogs sent through the post for nothing. They even have a swimwear section!!Not even the universe is considered to be infinite any more. I'd rather have kiddy fiddlers in front of computer screens having a nice time, than roaming the streets for real kids. I for one will not become a slave to paranoia whipped up by the likes of the Mail or Sun newspapers. I will not be a part of this new society of fear.

here's another picture of my kids. The idea that a parent can't photograph the Nativity play is the start of a dystopian nightmare we'd all be best to fight now before we do have to lock our kids in cellars.

Quite worn out now

597653b2da041_IMG_1887copy.jpg.951b0b40db4516d3ece5f961103e310d.jpg

• Like 1