Nice Bit of Weekend Milling

liamjordan

Nice one Ace.

Been on larch alot myself recently. It makes a nice change to section out timber for me, as alot of my hardwood I cut through and through.

yeah man same really, we do a lot of through and through oak, but been doing alot of oak beams and various things like that for a barn conversions recently :001_smile: The softwood is always nice to do now and again though, easily to get on the mill, easy to move around my hand, cuts quickly, ideal! Wouldnt want to do it all the time though.

Nice one Liam, as usual a pleasure to see your pics:thumbup1:

Ah cheers man :thumbup: Im glad people like you enjoy looking at them :thumbup1:

Great pics and what a great way of loading the logs onto the mill...

:biggrin:

cheers man! Yeah saves using ramps and cant hooks :thumbup:

Was a sweet job seen as though the timber is locally sourced (about 2 miles away :thumbup1:) then my cousin, and i'll probably help at some point is building the fence, again just up the road from where the timber was sourced, nice to see stuff used locally, well thats what i think anyway :001_smile:

Cool, could do with a bit of post and rail wood myself. Most be nice being able to do it all from scratch, rather then just heading down to the local saw mill/timber yard and picking up the finished product.

Neat mill as well, is it hard to move around, or can you just whack some wheels and a hitch on?

Cool, could do with a bit of post and rail wood myself. Most be nice being able to do it all from scratch, rather then just heading down to the local saw mill/timber yard and picking up the finished product.

Neat mill as well, is it hard to move around, or can you just whack some wheels and a hitch on?

Ours has the transportation kit and it can be up and mobile within 20 mins of finishing work. Takes a little bit longer to set up as it needs to be level to cut correctly but it only takes maybe 30 mins depending on the ground.

Ours has the transportation kit and it can be up and mobile within 20 mins of finishing work. Takes a little bit longer to set up as it needs to be level to cut correctly but it only takes maybe 30 mins depending on the ground.

Thats not bad then, and having the ability to move kit like this about must be useful.:thumbup1:

Ours is really easy to move around, it doesnt have the propper norwood trailer kit, it was a bog standard lumbermate mill that was adapted by its previous owner, you simply lift the one end up either with a hand winch that came with it, which is good for remote location, but we always just use the loader, then slide the wheels in each side, i'll get some pics soon :thumbup: then theres a draw bar that slides in and away you go :thumbup1: