think i need a 4x4 tipper

D.M.Taylor Firewood Supp

having a nightmare time trying to get deliveries of logs out as we got around 20" of snow now.Around the towns ok but most customers live out in the sticks.Anybody running 4x4tippers all i seem to find is Landrovers which dealers want 10k for a S reg with 160k on the clockGot a Isuzu Rodeo with bf goodrich all terains on but towing trailers a dead weight esp reversing to drop loads off lets see what you got

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw a really nice Mitsubishi L200 super cab (seats in the back - or more importantly storage for gear) at last years CLA Game Fair, with a 130 sized bed. Would be excellent with the right tyres, but it had just come out in 2009, so you won't see a cheap second hand one for a while!

This was made by Mitsubishi, not a conversion.

seems to be the trouble not many out there wonder who makes bodies

Someone sells them on ebay under "tipper body" , last time i looked they wanted £1200 fitted, i think they keep your old body. Good news for you is it is up north. I thought about buying one but decided on a "loadhauler". there is a post on this product on here, take it from me they are invaluable, i can unload my hilux of logs in roughly 10 seconds.

seems to be the trouble not many out there wonder who makes bodies

I might bite the bullet and get a new one on the drip when I've paid the Tranny off. I love mine, but the legal weight thing is becoming more and more of an issue. There are more VOSA people round now than paramedics and coppers! Be nice to have a long warranty on something as well.

Doesn't help you much at the minute though mate. Doubt anyone will sell their 4x4 up there for a while! My Dads just been on, he lives near Otterburn but further out, and he reckons the snow on the tops is up to his beard!

He is short, mind.

Someone sells them on ebay under "tipper body" , last time i looked they wanted £1200 fitted, i think they keep your old body. Good news for you is it is up north. I thought about buying one but decided on a "loadhauler". there is a post on this product on here, take it from me they are invaluable, i can unload my hilux of logs in roughly 10 seconds.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

See the thread 'Cheap way to empty your pickup'. Costs £175!