Anybody live in a Caravan ?

J.D

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lived in a caravan type trailer for coming onto 7 years now... no near neighbours and can keep an eye on all my gear but does get a mite chilly first thing in the morning :sneaky2:

Still when I've made my first million I am def going to get carpet put in!

:001_smile:

I've put under floor heating in mine, runs off the wood burner and makes all the difference.:thumbup:

That sounds interesting, how does that work mate ?

I've got a 12kW wood burner with back boiler connected to hot water cylinder and about 40 meters of Radipex pipe I got off Ebay for peanuts. I've raised the floor level on 25/50 battens with the pipe running up and down between them, then laid t&g floorboards over. An electric CH pump and pipe stat control the flow.

When I first used it the boards curled up like half pipes:blushing: but they're all good now:thumbup1: Nice to have warm feet and gives a uniform temperature through the place.

• 1 year later...

Bump for a lovely Caravaners night :)

Well I bought a Static on the Coast and I have to say it's awesome, apart from the cold mornings and nights we've been having lately of course, my lad loves it to. Thanks for all the advice etc lads.

I'll be adding a solar panel when I build a shed in the next few weeks and might even add a burner later in the year too.

JD

We used to rent out a house and were told that should anything happen to make us homeless from our lived in house the tennents could be instantly evicted from the other property we owned so we could reoccupy it. I don't know the how's or why's but heard it from a few sources. It might be worth investigating.

Generally no, but it depends on the tenancy agreement. Some have a break clause, some do not. If it is an AST that they are on then it may well do,, frequently 6 months with 2 months prior notice. :001_smile: