Majour LS120D Chipper.

Will

Anyone come across a Majour(Major) LS120D 8" chipper.

What are they like and is there a makers website with all the spec?

If memory serves me right. Major is just a rebadged name. I'm pretty sure its made by Laski, the same people who make Greenmechs Stump Grinders.(Pete B might know more). First saw one at Saltex about 2 years ago. Model there was a 120 but had a 8" x 5" opening and was sold as 5" machine so would poss question 8" capacity. Only ever seen them at shows. Have never come accross one in use.

http://www.laski.cz

Chipper spec confusing as opening states 290mm x 220mm (11.5" x 8.5") but max capacity quoted as 150mm (6"). Engine 28hp lombardini so def not enough power for 8".

I also think it was sold by company called Major Equipment. major-grasscare.com, but don't hold me to that one.

Hope this helps.

Mike

they are indeed sold by Major equipment although they dont have anything on their website you have to go to laski,s site

Mike

I don't think it's confusing, more like the manufacturer is sensible. Just because the machine has an 11" x 8" opening dosen't mean it HAS to be an 8" unit. YOU more than most should no that. Hat's off to them!

We all know if it will take 8" users will use it to that capacity. This would be ok if it had the power to cope. If you could get 8" to the disc what would happen? Having the odd inch extra around is good as long as the chipper is up to it. The spec shows the rotor diameter at 560mm. Combine that with 28hp and in my experience thats just not enough to cope with 8". Haven't seen one work tho so we might all be surprised.

Looks like its got a letter box effect between rollers and rotor. This is where the size reduction probably is. Rotor is angled like an american chipper, Bandit etc which does help with power to size ratio on bigger wood, but can create a dead area. Be interesting to know rotor speed as i suspect it spins very fast so chip is small. As Ed says if its cheap and spares are available (check with Major) probably not a bad buy. I'd take some wood and give it a good try out first tho.