Chainsaw Maintenance Website

DriveLink

I heard pole rescues might be getting removed from CS38 so this would give value to you having them, just a thought.

Pole rescues are still in the new units... the Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing & Aerial Rescue consists of 2 units (206 and 306). Check out page 11 where it says "Candidate to undertake a rescue from a pole using climbing irons" - so it's still in there!

You can download the latest assessment guidance for this at http://www.nptc.org.uk/assets/documents/c1a3593d525b4f208301416795c8b433.pdf

Hope that helps?

Cheers,

David.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to apologise David. I think it is admirable that you put so much time and effort into producing quality instruction/advice. I look forward to seeing your Aerial rescue vids when available and will start to check back more regularly.

As far as facebook is concerned, I don't use it. I use linkedIn a little and have dabbled in twitter but that's it. I am sure there are a lot of Arbtalkers that do use Facebook, but then they are probably younger than me and like that kind of forum for sharing info.

Anyway, keep on doing what you are doing (as and when you can fit it in) its appreciated!

Cheers

• 1 year later...

In a bid to update all the information on the Drivelink site, I've started a new website at Home - Drivelink Training - practical training in forestry and arboriculture (currently only has lots of health and safety stuff on it, and due to the ever increasing work commitments it's not going as quickly as I want(!), but it will grow over time to provide loads of great [free] information.

In the meantime, the original Drivelink website is still up and everything is available on there.

Finally, I'm now on Facebook proper - having left Sparsholt College where I managed and delivered the forestry and arb short courses to go it alone, you can now see what I'm up to at http://www.facebook.com/drivelink

Cheers,

Dave.