Get FREE FUEL by helping us establish new Dealers

Aspen@AAOIL

sounds familiar :001_rolleyes:

and this is why the big ones rulling us all with any fuel price they want to charge is winning.

Because the smaller ones like Aspen cant get a start, not many wants to stock it in fear of not shifting the stuff, I am waiting for it to be available closer to me, I cant afford looking for the stuff for days on end.

But when it is near me I will used it :thumbup1:

Have you got a local chainsaw shop which you get your spares from who could become an Aspen dealer? if you speak to them about stocking the product and assure them how much you would be getting from them every month then that should give them a good start to selling it!

After you have spoken to them, give me their details or get them to call me and hopefully we can get Aspen available closer to you.

/Axel

01929 555971

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offcourse! If you pm me their details along with yours then I can give them a call and see what we can do. If all goes to plan i will send them 3 cans FOC when they order a pallet of fuel which you can obtain from them. :thumbup1:

Cool, thanks. I will get their contact details and PM them to you tomorrow.

Roger

I just spent my first full day milling using Aspen rather than normal 2-stroke mix. Chainsaw milling puts your face very close to the exhaust, and in the past I've always had headaches and felt ill at the end of the day. Today I don't, and since I always mill oak the only thing that's changed is the fuel, so very much better!

However, is there any chance of supplying it in a container in between 200l and 5l, say a 25l drum? 5l is only a day's worth when working, but for those of us who use fuel intermittently (where the fact that Aspen doesn't go off in the can really comes into its own) 25l would last a while - probably the same for others who use it for a 'season' rather than every day, so not just the niche of people milling. It's a standard size for solvent drums - we use it for our industrial methylated spirits and acetone, and there's a handy hand-pump dispenser that fits on the top. I would imagine, given your pricing by volume it would be slightly cheaper per litre too!

Alec

That's excellent to hear! its always nice to be able to go home at the end of the day and enjoy the rest of your evening without feeling ill.

As for the different sized containers, we will in the future be able to supply it in a 20 or 25 litre size. probably wont be until the end of this year however because until we move to our bigger premises then we really don't have any room in our warehouse.

I just spent my first full day milling using Aspen rather than normal 2-stroke mix. Chainsaw milling puts your face very close to the exhaust, and in the past I've always had headaches and felt ill at the end of the day. Today I don't, and since I always mill oak the only thing that's changed is the fuel, so very much better!

However, is there any chance of supplying it in a container in between 200l and 5l, say a 25l drum? 5l is only a day's worth when working, but for those of us who use fuel intermittently (where the fact that Aspen doesn't go off in the can really comes into its own) 25l would last a while - probably the same for others who use it for a 'season' rather than every day, so not just the niche of people milling. It's a standard size for solvent drums - we use it for our industrial methylated spirits and acetone, and there's a handy hand-pump dispenser that fits on the top. I would imagine, given your pricing by volume it would be slightly cheaper per litre too!

Alec

As for the different sized containers, we will in the future be able to supply it in a 20 or 25 litre size. probably wont be until the end of this year however because until we move to our bigger premises then we really don't have any room in our warehouse.

Is that because you still have a large stock of the small 5LTRS size? (Not easy to transport/stack/use) When Aspen first came into the UK it was available in 20LTRS/200LTRS like it is in Norway. Could you please explain why this changed as more expensive to purchase?:001_smile:

the cost difference from producing a 4 x 5L cans or one 20L can is hardly any different. most the people we deal with either purchase aspen in a 200L drum and fill it into their own containers or like the 5L cans.

the 5L cans come in packs of 3 if you buy more than one which makes them easy to stack. as for transport, apart from having 4 separate items to put in your van, they don't take up any more space than a 20L container.

the 5L cans are also easier to use then a 20L as you can refill your saw straight from the can without the need of first cross filling to a different fuel can. check this video from forum member Rob Dyer who shows how easy it is when you pair it with a fillpartner spout.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uP7BG566vE]YouTube - Aspen non spill cap[/ame]

So to answer your question about why we don't stock them, its expensive to keep another item in stock especially seeing as its not something which is completely different to what we already sell.

Best regards

Axel

Is that because you still have a large stock of the small 5LTRS size? (Not easy to transport/stack/use) When Aspen first came into the UK it was available in 20LTRS/200LTRS like it is in Norway. Could you please explain why this changed as more expensive to purchase?:001_smile:

• 5 months later...