Would you climb this?

Gerbutt

£150 seems way too cheap mate. if you can't get a mewp to it then even if it was standing straight & healthy i'd still charge more with a shed under it.

it's a skilled job to take it down in the state it's in & you're undervaluing it by a mile.

if they're too tight to pay proper money & don't appreciate the work involved then walk away.

good luck whatever you decide.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not brace it as said earlier, dismantle green house, bugger the shed, if it was going to go it wouldn't still be propped up..... gingerly go up tickle bits off and bosh top off into next door garden :thumbup1:

thorough investigation of whats touching what where the conifer lays though so u know if it will roll/drop down further if sat on branches.

really underpriced :confused1:

Hi, I can't read all the posts as my phone is so slow to download but I have done similar...

Boarded over the green house.

Working from a henchman platform and took the branches off

with a polesaw.

You may have to rig up some way of catching heavier material.

I polesawed thin rings off.

My price here would be €480 inc the stump or £380-400

i would definatly find some way of bracing it with a winch, if you can gingerly get to the top and attach a strop or even one half way and winch it back and keep it solid then it could be done. Like others said, bugger the greenhouse, cheaper to replace a few panes and maybe just tap the frame with a hammer than to faff missing it all, to have something go through anyway!

to take that down alone id charge at least £200, if it was still standing!

i reckon its roots were buggered when the foundations for the shed were put in!

Stupid as it sounds you haven't under priced if thats the price you can do it for and make what you want to out of it, thats how you should quote.

If its a worry speak to the client and let them understand the reason for any increases you can probably put on £50 without much question but personally i try to not increase once I've put in a quote i look at it as a learning curve do the work and next time you have a lesson to look back at.

You'll have to let us all know how it goes and how you end up doing it.