Pannel van vs tipper van

egs

hi people,

As most people know am looking for vechile for tree work. been looking for a tipper van for the past 4 months. i have recently been looking at the transit 350 lwb high top transits (pannel van).

as a start up truck. what should i do, keep holding out for a tipper or go and buy a transit pannel van ???

I used to run a panel van, safe for tools etc, no wet loads, other possibilities for the van like camping, adequate room for motorbikes etc ;) as i also did motox

for something purely as a work bus, has to be the tipper for ease of use for work...... when you get back to yard etc, flick the switch and tip off... no unloading at the end of a hard day at work

i used to have to fill tonne bags with brash etc and my little trailer and stamp it in :thumbdown: it worked but a tipper is easier option :)

Go to agree with Swinny, tipper all the way. The guy I started with had a Trasnit panel van and small chipper, had to chip it all, bag it up, load the van at the end of the day, drive back to he's and unload, really took it toll after a hard, wet, cold day. When i went on my own knew it had to be a crew cab tipper, best of both worlds.

Hope this helps

it all depends on the arisings, if you are taking brash away and using a tow behind then get a tipper with high sides, if you are only taking away dumpy bags and logs and have yourself a micro chipper then the panel van is perfect. I have used 1 now for over a year and its great, i have chipped into it loads aswell if i am stuck. It is not PERFECT but nothing is, i am trading mine in next week for a Luton with a tail lift, it will be so much better fo rme with the little chipper and tracked barrow and ideal for removing bulky bags and delivering logs.

Its a renault master, excellent for towing and it is going cheap if you want it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWszWqGBPM]YouTube - cheeky chipping[/ame]

it all depends on the arisings, if you are taking brash away and using a tow behind then get a tipper with high sides, if you are only taking away dumpy bags and logs and have yourself a micro chipper then the panel van is perfect. I have used 1 now for over a year and its great, i have chipped into it loads aswell if i am stuck. It is not PERFECT but nothing is, i am trading mine in next week for a Luton with a tail lift, it will be so much better fo rme with the little chipper and tracked barrow and ideal for removing bulky bags and delivering logs.

Its a renault master, excellent for towing and it is going cheap if you want it.

you'll surelly need some good earmuffs when feeding the chipper in the back of the van with it being in a confined space making it apear louder..... with the luton you won't have a side load door which will make it even worse :(

ideal chipper for filling bags etc :) looks a good setup though

hi people,

As most people know am looking for vechile for tree work. been looking for a tipper van for the past 4 months. i have recently been looking at the transit 350 lwb high top transits (pannel van).

as a start up truck. what should i do, keep holding out for a tipper or go and buy a transit pannel van ???

I would say tipper but a panel van does have advantageous .. and it just so happens I am about to sell my ex RAC transit :sneaky2: